war machines and vehicles

Started by zackzeta, 14 May 2016, 04:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zackzeta

can we get some generic war machines and mounts we could use for diffrent armies and stuff? things like this
since warmaster no longer makes things maybe we can get a line to fill up the need?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Lots are easy to scratch build....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

zackzeta

yeah i made some but it would be cool to have

toxicpixie

Possibility for a feature Warband expansion PDF? Like the Frostgrave mini-ebook supplements, some simple rules for war engines / possibly siege or storming type scenario, a war machine or two per faction and their stats - 8-10 pages maybe £3ish price tag? Then a war machine model to match each, or at least differing crew on similar/same models?

I dunno, how much does a war machine sculpt and moulding cost, and would they sell enough/any?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

We'd definitely need some rules/supplement to support them, as generally sales on things like that are low.  Sculpting and moulding costs for a single machine would be somewhere between £150-£250 so we'd need to shift a lot of them to make it worthwhile.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Is this something you might do in conjunction with one of the suppliers of mdf scenics? Definite similarities between a house and a ram penthouse or a tower block and a siege tower after all.

As to those siege engines designed to knock down walls, small 15mm ones make good 10mm large ones, large 6mm ones make good small 10mm ones.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 14 May 2016, 04:02:52 PM
Is this something you might do in conjunction with one of the suppliers of mdf scenics? Definite similarities between a house and a ram penthouse or a tower block and a siege tower after all.

Possibly, we'll have a look when the time comes.  Cutting the bulk of the model in MDF would be better for the costs, with metal parts to go with it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

zackzeta

would you be able to make generic pieces so people can make their own? like i know people use skaven bits and put their own twist on it. im really tempted to get into sculptuing and making some cheap cast

ive seen people use the same kits diffrent ways.

so maybe if you make pieces like this for example people could mix and match, idk how easy or cheap that would be though