New Picts released!

Started by Leon, 07 April 2015, 02:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

.. I ... will .. go ... to ... the ... orders ... page ... and ... spend ... lots ... of ... money ...

.. I ... will .. go ... to ... the ... orders ... page ... and ... spend ... lots ... of ... money ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No change there then.....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

cbr3d.com

Just received a lovely box of goodness, Pendraken goodness that is!   :D 

Obviously Techno has mastered the technique of remotely controlling us all.   :(

And what is more Techo hasn't injured himself lately!  I think Welsh Druids have been at work here.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

09 April 2015, 02:26:04 PM #34 Last Edit: 09 April 2015, 02:29:50 PM by Just a few Orcs
Quote from: barbarian on 09 April 2015, 11:54:02 AM
Nice wild men of Dunlendings. ;)

I resisted looking at the Forum for a whole hour.  Contrary to rumour  it had nothing to do with me going for a walk at lunchtime where I have no access to a computer

Double b*gg*r !!!
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

cbr3d.com

Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 April 2015, 01:23:46 PM
Does it include PICTS? ;)

No, unfortunately no Picts at the moment, hopefully they will arrive in the next box.  This box obviously contained just what Techno had mesmerised me to get from the Warband range, next box will be historic ranges, to be based up for both historic and Warband but of course!   ;)

Techno

You don't even remember I told you to get those, do you ?
Damn.....I'm getting good at this remote hypnosis stuff !  ;) ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

streetgang

Lovely figures! I have been waiting for these and need to order ASAP! Just for clarification, are all the sculpt poses shown in the photos? I'm specifically curious about the "PIC2" Spearmen and PIC4 Skirmishers, are there two poses in the pack? Also, could one use Gallic figures to mix in or are those shields not accurate?
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

Quote from: barbarian on 09 April 2015, 11:54:02 AM
Nice wild men of Dunlendings. ;)

There you go...now I can rationalize my purchase. :D
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: streetgang on 09 April 2015, 08:14:20 PM
Lovely figures! I have been waiting for these and need to order ASAP! Just for clarification, are all the sculpt poses shown in the photos? I'm specifically curious about the "PIC2" Spearmen and PIC4 Skirmishers, are there two poses in the pack? Also, could one use Gallic figures to mix in or are those shields not accurate?
Two poses per pack (my funding ran out before I could ask Phil to do more)
Command has three poses.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bloodaxe

Im thinking how these Picts would make a great Warbands Viking/Norse-type army using the Barbarian list.

mollinary

Those are really beautiful sculpts.  I assume they have been given a thin black wash to make the detail pop like that?  Whatever it is, it is very effective for showing off the figures.

:-bd :-bd :-bd
Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Thanks for all the comments, good to see everyone likes them!

Quote from: mollinary on 11 April 2015, 04:15:23 PM
I assume they have been given a thin black wash to make the detail pop like that?  Whatever it is, it is very effective for showing off the figures.

Yep, it's the Vallejo Black Shade Wash from the Game Color range, and it works a treat.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

CPTHilts

Excellent, just saw them. New plans for Dux Bellorum. They are awesome. Really great.

Techno

Quote from: Fenton on 07 April 2015, 07:06:12 PM
Nice figures and good to see them released
Which one is Nobby?

Sorry, Steve.....Didn't notice that earlier.

Will rejected the one that looked like Ricky Tomlinson's stunt double.
He said having a Pict sitting in front of a television, drinking from a can, wasn't really historically accurate enough.
Frankly..... I thought that was being a trifle picky. ;)

Cheers - Phil