Forum Soapbox

Started by getagrip, 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Quote from: getagrip on 05 March 2015, 09:00:51 PM

People who overtake on the motorway by drinking towards your rear bumper at 900 miles an hour!
That really is scary!  :o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Vamboozle

Quote from: Fenton on 05 March 2015, 08:55:31 PM

That bloke who gave me a funny look at the petrol station the other day

Funny happened to me too the other day.....you weren't filling up in Sussex where you?  ;D
Old enough to know better

Fenton

Quote from: Vamboozle on 05 March 2015, 09:09:11 PM
Funny happened to me too the other day.....you weren't filling up in Sussex where you?  ;D

I have better taste than to be seen in Sussex😂
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Vamboozle on 05 March 2015, 09:09:11 PM

They're funny down there; you'll end up in the Wicker Man!  :D
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Vamboozle

Quote from: getagrip on 05 March 2015, 09:11:17 PM
They're funny down there; you'll end up in the Wicker Man!  :D

Oi!  Just because the chalky water calcifies our brains....... 8-}
Old enough to know better

Subedai

I will have to stop reading this thread because I keep thinking of more.  :)

Adverts that say 'our best ever' now with added &*^%$ (insert whatever you want). Are they telling us that all their earlier stuff was cr*p?

How come these 'experts' keep finding new plants and extracts of said plants to add to beauty treatments.

I think I had better use a blanket 'I hate adverts'!!!!

Railway companies that keep putting up the price of tickets in the face of sh*te service.

Sunday opening of shops. (Holds hand up because he uses them but remembers when everybody managed to cope when they were shut.I would be perfectly happy if they were shut.)

Staff name badges. Hated wearing mine when I worked for a multi-national supermarket chain. Why should I want people knowing my name when I will probably never speak to them again. If people want to know my name all they had to do was ask.

People who don't acknowledge when you hold the door open for them.

University graduates who are fast-tracked to managerial positions because of their degree, most of them have the life skills and common sense of a comatose wombat.

Too much pollution, they say. Cut the number of cars on the road, they say. Use public transport instead, they say. Then the bus and rail companies put their fares up. You work it out.

Privatisation. That's just me, I'm not trying to start a political debate.

Cyclists who think the Highway Code is not for them and it's okay to jump red lights, pull out in front of or change lanes in front of cars. Is it any wonder why the accident head count is rising. And this is from a non-driving cyclist.

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

OldenBUA

People who rant about people who rant...

Threads that go from one page to seven in a single day.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

getagrip

Quote from: OldenBUA on 05 March 2015, 09:35:48 PM
People who rant about people who rant...

Threads that go from one page to seven in a single day.

Mwah hah hah...my work is done  :d

Cyclists who slow me down on the way to work, seem to think they own the bloddy road and don't pay a bean in road tax.  THEY cause more pollution because everyone's engines are less efficient as they try to get round!
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Last Hussar

Boy George was on the Today Programme defending the fact the Chinese were building a power station here.  Apparently that is a good thing because the Taxpayer doesn't have to pay for it.

How can anyone not see the flaw in the argument?

It's sad when you hope that the people in power are corrupt, because the only other explanation is they are completely insane.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

FierceKitty

That empty box in the collection marked "Mexica".
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Subedai on 05 March 2015, 09:25:38 PM
University graduates who are fast-tracked to managerial positions because of their degree, most of them have the life skills and common sense of a comatose wombat.

Yes.  The whole world seems to be run by people who've never done it at ground level.  If you're the Minister for Education, you should have actually been a teacher or worked in a school at some point.  Minister for Health?  Should have worked in the NHS, and not at management level either.

I used to manage pubs for a large chain, and the number of nonsensical drinks promotions we had sent down to us from head office was ridiculous, all of them thought up by a Business Studies grad with a calculator.  The best one was 'Buy 10 Budweiser, Get 2 Free!"  If any of you know any barmen, ask them how often they've sold 10 Bud's in a single round...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

xccam

based on this thread nobody likes anything, and a number of you would have gripes with me for a number of different reasons.

I thought this was a good natured forum! :D

Ithoriel

Quote from: xccam on 06 March 2015, 03:04:19 AM
based on this thread nobody likes anything, and a number of you would have gripes with me for a number of different reasons.

We are good-naturedly grumpy :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 March 2015, 04:15:03 AM
Quote from: xccam on 06 March 2015, 03:04:19 AM

We are good-naturedly grumpy :)

Based on the survey on age we are good-naturedly grumpy old men  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Upgraydd

Rant;

- People who say "it's always in the last place you look". Of course it is, if you find it and then keep looking then you have serious problems that years of intensive therapy won't even be able to help with.