Forum Soapbox

Started by getagrip, 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getagrip

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 05 March 2015, 10:47:42 AM
cats, they should all be shot.

I live in the middle of the country, I mean my garden is surrounded on all sides by fields yet they still sh*t in my frigging garden.

Plus remove all the cats and see the surge in indigenous wildlife.

Pratchett:  "If cats looked like frogs, we'd see them for the b@$t@rd$ they realy are!"
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Luddite

Dogs.  Filthy, foul genetic mutants and abominations against nature, entirely created by man.

People who work in shops, and insist on licking their fingers in order to open a plastic bag for you.  And then proceed to pack your food with their gob-covered fingers.  They might as well have spat on your shopping.

People who don't vote.  You are the problem with our democracy.

Religion.  It poison's everything.

Dice.  They hate me.  I hate them right back.

Sex and the City.  RRAAAAAAGGGEEE!!!!!!

People who drive too slowly for the road conditions.  The road is 60mph, its a clear fine day and there's nobody in front of you, then WHY ARE YOU DOING 40MPH?!?!?!?!!?

Ready meal packaging.  It's impossible to get the film off in less that 38 tiny pieces, and its then impossible to dispense the lasagne without basically flopping it onto the plate in a big mushy pile.

People who eat meat.  Its not neccessary and amazingly cruel.

Mordern corporate dictatorial culture.  Every organisation should be run democratically by its staff.  Why do we accept levels of tyranny in our working life that we would never accept in our private life?

Men who commit domestic violence against their spouse or kids.  You're scum.  Don't do it.  Ever.

Adverts (usually for some pointless woman-cream) that says '79% of 36 women agree'.  RRAAAAGGGEEE!!!!

Arthritis.  It's a miserable disease.  May you never suffer it.

Me.  I'm my own worst enemy.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

getagrip

Some healthy venting there Luddite; I agree with about 90% of it. ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

getagrip

People who post the same thing over and over again :P

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

getagrip

FierceKitty

Domestic violence against a male partner is also unacceptable.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

There are no gods, there are no demons, there are no ghosts, there are no goblins, there is one life and this is it so beloved let us love one another because this is the only sodding chance we'll get!

If your imaginary friend helps get you through the day that's great but your belief in them is not an excuse to be horrible to those who don't or to insist that others behave in a way you think your imaginary friend approves of!

And seriously, what is wrong with people who judge others based on the amount of melanin in their skin rather than on their words and deeds?

A country is NOT great just because YOU were born in it!!

Corrupt individuals are like weeds, always going to be there but that's no excuse not to get out the weed-wacker on a regular basis!

Politics should be a service not an occupation, the world will not seriously improve until politicians and their families are restricted to the mean income and forced to use only public services.

Corporations are not necessarily spawn of the devil but corporate group-think leads otherwise moral people to do incredibly wicked and/ or stupid things - weed-wacker time again!

Who on earth responds to telephone cold calls? Can we find out, round them up and lock them up for the good of the species? If no-one took up these offers the problem would stop almost overnight!

The message is more important than punctuation, the latter is there to serve the former not the other way round!

Smile and be happy ... it's worth it just to piss off the permanently grumpy :)

There, I think that covers the major stuff. Minor stuff as it occurs to me :D

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 March 2015, 12:47:09 PM
Domestic violence against a male partner is also unacceptable.

Yep totally agree, Its more common than most people think.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Page 4 and it is now only 1.15 pm GMT. A lot of pent up feelings coming out in the wargaming fraternity.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

getagrip

Quote from: Leman on 05 March 2015, 01:18:28 PM
Page 4 and it is now only 1.15 pm GMT. A lot of pent up feelings coming out in the wargaming fraternity.

Seriously, can a moderator make this a sticky?

I also have the feeling it's removing venom from other threads. ;)

cbr3d.com

MP's (Members of Parliament) who don't vote!  Why should they get paid if they are not working.

Trolls on the net - often paid a pittance to spout such garbage and quote one another as 'evidence' of their point of view.  (Great fun though tying them up in knots when they contradict themselves.  ;) )

Reporters who make up stories or just try to make news instead of reporting it in an unbias a way as possible.

Supermarket checkout staff who 'say' "You don't want bags do you" - Strangely enough it is obvious I do having just spent over a hundred pounds on 30 items of different size, shape, and texture.

People who say 'I hear what you say' - but never actually finish of the saying by adding 'but I am going to totally ignore it!'  (Why do politicians again come to mind?   >:(   )

BBC License fee - should be called what it is - a TAX.

So-called celebrities.  OK I know I don't know modern pop singers, actrors/actresses, sports stars, etc. - I guess they could be classed as celebrities even without me knowing them, but their brothers, sisters, cousins, the gardner of the ex-girlfriend of the 8th cousin removed of them are not celebrities!

Car adverts - what is the point of them?  Boring, tedious, and absolutely says nothing about the cars at all.

Just a few off-hand ones there.  (And oh yes, I joined the grumpy old men brigade some time ago - ask my wife and daughters!   ;)  )

getagrip

Quote from: Fig.ht on 05 March 2015, 01:33:36 PM
Supermarket checkout staff who 'say' "You don't want bags do you" - Strangely enough it is obvious I do having just spent over a hundred pounds on 30 items of different size, shape, and texture.

In fact, anyone who starts a sentence with "you don't...".

How the bloody hell do you know what: "I don't!"  >:(