Forum Soapbox

Started by getagrip, 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getagrip

04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM Last Edit: 04 March 2015, 10:00:43 PM by getagrip
There have been some truly spectacular rants of late and so I felt it was time we ha had a soapbox where any Tom, Dick or Nobby could come along and vent spleen.

Maybe, in time,  this will become a sticky topic,  who can say.  In the meantime gentleman and Lady of the forum: let's gripe,  b!t£h and moan >:(

Anything goes as long as it follows the normal forum rules ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

getagrip

PS, Michael Gove is an @r$e  >:(

Maenoferren

I have the Shetland flu bug....I feel cr*p...slept all day today and feel dizzy every time I stand up.....moan, moan, moan
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Upgraydd

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM
Anything goes as long as it follows the normal forum rules ;)

There are rules?

getagrip

Quote from: Maenoferren on 04 March 2015, 09:02:52 PM
I have the Shetland flu bug....I feel cr*p...slept all day today and feel dizzy every time I stand up.....moan, moan, moan

Good moan!  A problem shared is a problem doubled,  or some such rubbish  :(

fsn

Where to start?

Drivers who don't indicate; the BBC disrupting the schedule for sports events that I really; really don't care about; winter pansies; cranberries;  people who don't vote; cyclists who can't decide if they're road or pavement traffic; skiers; the Hobbit being made into a trilogy; cold calls; they cancelled Firefly; people who leave dice, glasses and their dignity on a wargames table; Disney (Darth Vader in Disneyland!) politicians who can't answer a question; winter pansies; cranberries; e-smokers;  every gun in the German army (1939-45) being an 88mm; people who claim to be "cold" at 20c; the press; people who don't like Centurions; those who don't have a view of the Oxford comma; winter pansies; other people's children; BMW drivers; golfers; where are all the black women?; colony collapse disorder; religion (all of them); iTunes; cheap batteries; people who think I should like football because I have testicles; not being able to remember; the AWI; Bourbon American fall over liquid; waking to work in the rain; films that care more about the CGI than the plot (yes Marvel, I'm looking at you); junk mail; jackets worn with jeans; defaced library books; and winter pansies.  
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

getagrip

You make many valid points apart from your stance on winter pansies.  :o

Quality rant; any more in there?

fsn

... ooh and people showing you their holiday/ wedding/ birthday photographs; people who think they're a photographer because they own a mobile phone; winter pansies; the Welsh language; Pepsi; utility companies; chocolates with pepper on them; telephone handset cables that get twisted; people who can't take proper messages; long life bulbs; wearing a tie and winter pansies.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 09:24:05 PM
You make many valid points apart from your stance on winter pansies.  :o

Winter pansies are an abomination against nature!

getagrip

Quote from: fsn on 04 March 2015, 09:24:13 PM
... ooh and people showing you their holiday/ wedding/ birthday photographs; people who think they're a photographer because they own a mobile phone; winter pansies; the Welsh language; Pepsi; utility companies; chocolates with pepper on them; telephone handset cables that get twisted; people who can't take proper messages; long life bulbs; wearing a tie and winter pansies.

It's like throwing up isn't it; just keeps coming and you feel so much better when it's out  :D

Upgraydd

Quote from: fsn on 04 March 2015, 09:25:12 PM
Winter pansies are an abomination against nature!

Are we talking about flowers or people that complain about cold weather all the time?

Subedai

#fsn. But apart from that...
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

getagrip

Quote from: Upgraydd on 04 March 2015, 09:27:30 PM
Are we talking about flowers or people that complain about cold weather all the time?

Oh yeah, that reminds me: Ozzie cricketers!  In fact anything to do with Ozzie cricket,  or Ozzie sports in general!  How can "smug" be a national pastime?  >:(

fsn

04 March 2015, 09:33:00 PM #13 Last Edit: 04 March 2015, 09:35:30 PM by fsn
The flowers, Man! The flowers! A flower is designed to be bright an colourful to attract insects so they can take the pollen to other plants of the same type and so fertilise them so the plant species can reproduce. The thing about winter is that most insects are in bed, not popping out to the nearest flower for a pollen refill. When was the last time you got stung by a bee when it was below 0? Exactly! No, Sirrah! No. Winter pansies are man thumbing his nose at Mother Earth. They are a gaudy indication of our disdain for the way things should be, and Gaia will have her revenge!

Upgraydd

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 09:32:29 PM
Oh yeah, that reminds me: Ozzie cricketers!  In fact anything to do with Ozzie cricket,  or Ozzie sports in general!  How can "smug" be a national pastime?  >:(

It's hard work but we manage...I'd like to thank the English for inventing all these sports that we can dominate them with. It won't be long until we add Football to the list.