Forum Soapbox

Started by getagrip, 04 March 2015, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

I wear a jacket with jeans.... (agree on the winter pansies though)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

getagrip

Quote from: Upgraydd on 04 March 2015, 09:37:48 PM
It's hard work but we manage...I'd like to thank the English for inventing all these sports that we can dominate them with. It won't be long until we add Football to the list.

You can have it!   :P
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Subedai

Politics and by association, politicians who bleat on about the state of the country and then fiddle their expenses...in fact, most of them are self-aggrandising wastes of oxygen; footballers who deserve an Oscar for their acting ability; footballers who blatantly cheat to gain an advantage; FIFA because those at the top think more of themselves than the position they are entrusted with -mind you, that could apply to a lot of top people; the words 'Clinically Proven' in or on adverts -arsenic can be clinically proven to make your greens brighter on the wallpaper but look what it did to Napoleon. Adverts in general -stop bending the truth just to sell the product! Ignorance and bad manners; OAP's who think it is their god given right to shove you out of the way to get on the bus; queue jumpers; cyclists on the pavement...it is an offence for them to be there so FECK OFF! Drivers who have forgotten what indicators are for. Young girls and women Effing anf Jeffing in the street (I'm old school). C&W, the Smiths and doof-doof music (the type with the incessant beat and repetitive electronic noise); the worst song ever written is 'Walking in Memphis' closely followed by 'Tie A Yellow Ribbon' and 'Agadoo', shudder; the Bubble-Wrapped Slug building in the centre of Brum (the Selfridges building); people -especially wargamers with no sense of personal hygiene and rucksacks the size of a small family car surgically attached to their backs.

That'll do to be going on with.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Subedai

It's hard work but we manage...I'd like to thank the English for inventing all these sports that we can dominate them with. It won't be long until we add Football to the list.

We don't want to take all the glory. We invent games to give others pleasure, we can't be good at everything. :D
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

getagrip

This thread is at two pages already,  I would like to think I have performed a public service here  :)

Upgraydd

Hipsters. That is all.

getagrip

Fenton

Oz will have to learn how to run a domestic competition first.
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Subedai

As an anti-rant, I like Aussie rules football. (He whispered from behind the fence.)
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

mollinary

Quote from: getagrip on 04 March 2015, 09:58:51 PM
This thread is at two pages already,  I would like to think I have performed a public service here  :)

But you would be wrong.  >:(
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

getagrip

Westmarcher

Chorizo

Its pronounced cho-ree-tho* (in Spain) or cho-ree-so (in South America)
Its not choreet-zo.
Its Spanish. Not Italian.
See how it is spelled? There is only one Z.  Not two Zs like pizza (which is Italian).
Pay attention and stop making it up!
Cho-ree-tho.
Simples.

(I quite like chorizo. Sometimes. Usually. In pizza.)

* as in thick
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Domestic trip switches that decide to trip whenever a single light bulb blows, making it decidedly difficult to find said trip switch in the dark and restore light.  How someone decided that this is Health & Safety is beyond me.

Stupid people.  The ones for whom 'Do not use hairdryer in shower' or 'Remove trousers before using trouser press' are necessary warning signs.  We need to allow Darwinism full rein and let the stupid people do what stupid people do.  If there's a massive hole in the pavement, surrounded by fences, flashy lights and warning signs, and you still manage to fall down it, then you obviously can't be trusted with lace-up shoes or anything sharper than a spoon.

Nonsense reality TV, like Made in Essex, The Only Way is Geordie and Chelsea Shore. 

Talentless 'celebrities', the likes of which populate the above TV shows and fill the cover of almost every newspaper and magazine in the world.  We should ban the word Kardashian from the printed press.

Christmas songs.  All of them.  There is not one single half-decent one out there.

>:(

That'll do for now...

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!