What type/make/size brush(es) do you use?

Started by getagrip, 10 February 2015, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I've never thought about it before now, but I reckon that's the thing that I found as well.

I've some Foundry brushes that are long, and some Army Painter that are 3/4 the length of them and it's the AP brushes that I go with every time.

They both have the same point, but the longer length meant that the middles sort of billowed out on me (between the two points of contact/pressure at both ends where I'm holding the brush and the points in contact with the miniature). 
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Bodvoc

Just a quick note to say that the cheap brushes I got from the Works in Feb., the first one has just lost it's point so that is about 7 weeks of good usage for a 50p brush.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

getagrip

Quote from: Bodvoc on 08 April 2015, 08:53:28 PM
Just a quick note to say that the cheap brushes I got from the Works in Feb., the first one has just lost it's point so that is about 7 weeks of good usage for a 50p brush.

I bought some because of the chat here and they're great for the brutal stuff: glue, drybrush etc.

Couldn't use them for "real" painting though.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Ithoriel

The Sumerians I posted are painted with "Works" brushes.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

getagrip

Quote from: Ithoriel on 09 April 2015, 09:21:59 PM
The Sumerians I posted are painted with "Works" brushes.

Wish I could use them like that ; would save me a bit. :)

kyussinchains

I used GW for years, recently switched to rosemary and co series 401 red sable blend brushes and I ruddy love them! I also picked up a W&N s7 and R&C's own pure kolinsky brushes and I find both too soft for my liking

I use a 1 for normal work on 6/10mm models and a 000 for fine detail, got some masters brush soap and they're going strong

I also use R&C hoghair brushes for drybrushing and they are great too, tough as old boots and get the job done!
my hobby/painting blog: full of 6mm goodness coming soon, 10mm goodness too!

Home of Epic: Armageddon on the web! It's still very much alive!

my tale of epic gamers 2013 log, contains lots of yellow marines :)

Ken

I use a Windsor/Newton series 7 #2 for everything, I would be so screwed without it.  :'(  Good thing I stocked up  8)

getagrip

Recently changed to WN, they are really good.

I use GW for general stuff and Works "smart price " for everything else.

Bodvoc

All of my recent figure painting has been done with brushes from the Works, as long as you clean them after painting they keep their point.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!