Rules Q&A

Started by Chieftain, 01 February 2015, 10:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chieftain

Quote from: AndyT on 20 February 2015, 06:38:48 AM
OK thanks. So wolf chariots won't be added to the list then?

No plans to reinsert them.  But you can still use the chariot models 'counting as' wolf riders.
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

AndyT

Very nice!  Can't wait for mine to arrive.

AndyT

Hi

The options list for the Goblin & Orc army includes giving any bolt shooter unit "defensive" for -5pts but they already have this according to the army list.

Cheers,
Andy

Chieftain

Quote from: AndyT on 22 February 2015, 07:09:44 PM
Hi

The options list for the Goblin & Orc army includes giving any bolt shooter unit "defensive" for -5pts but they already have this according to the army list.

Cheers,
Andy

Yes.  That's a typo.

'Any bolt shooters unit may have defensive for -5pts.'

Should read:

'Any bolt shooters unit may have slow shot for -5pts.'

I'll pop it in the errata.

JimLeCat

I have two questions so, in the best traditions of PM's question time, I'll ask the totally trivial one and unimportant one first:-

Prismatic dragons: is each dragon multicoloured, or are they a group of dragons of different colours? I know, it's fantasy, you can do what you want, I'm just curious as to what was the intended meaning...

Next, and more importantly:-

I'm reading the rules on allocation of CPS as meaning that you can allocate as many as you like to a single unit for the same boost, stacking them (i.e. my crappy archers are in range of your commander/magic user/uber troops, so I'm going to put all my CPs this turn on boosting their shooting to try and rout them). Is this correct, or can you only boost a single unit once each turn in each way?

Cheers,
Jim

Chieftain

Quote from: JimLeCat on 02 March 2015, 11:39:39 PM
Prismatic dragons: is each dragon multicoloured, or are they a group of dragons of different colours? I know, it's fantasy, you can do what you want, I'm just curious as to what was the intended meaning...

Its 'do what you like', of course, but the intended reference is to dragons of different colours rather than multi-coloured dragons.

I'm reading the rules on allocation of CPS as meaning that you can allocate as many as you like to a single unit for the same boost, stacking them (i.e. my crappy archers are in range of your commander/magic user/uber troops, so I'm going to put all my CPs this turn on boosting their shooting to try and rout them). Is this correct, or can you only boost a single unit once each turn in each way?

You can put as many CPs as you like into boosting any single test.  So in your example, yes you could put all your CPs into an archery shot (to try to rout a vital enemy unit).  You can also do this before or after the dice roll.

JimLeCat

Gotcha and gotcha!

Thanks for the quick answers, but you do you camp out here watching for questions?

Cheers,
Jim

Chieftain

No.   ;)

On the tactical point about your 'CP overload' though, check out the implication of the Inspiration: rally rule and CP cost.

JimLeCat

I believe you!  ;D

Yes, I noticed that. You can only rally at most 2 morale points, for which you must save 3 or 6 CP 'till almost the end of the turn. And you don't know the effect of any hits on your units until after all the shooting and fighting is done.

So, it's always a choice between gambling on the attack and, to quote a game I played a few years back, 'charging on the ragged edge of disaster', or playing a cautious long game.

Looks like fun!  :D

Cheers,
Jim

Gunhit

Looking at the Marchers Cavalry options they can upgrade to powerful/slow shot to represent crossbows, handguns & longbows. I assume for this option their weapon range doesn't increase?

Adrian

Chieftain

05 March 2015, 11:52:01 PM #26 Last Edit: 05 March 2015, 11:54:21 PM by Chieftain
Quote from: Gunhit on 05 March 2015, 11:12:17 PM
Looking at the Marchers Cavalry options they can upgrade to powerful/slow shot to represent crossbows, handguns & longbows. I assume for this option their weapon range doesn't increase?

Adrian

That's correct.  The range remains unchanged.

AndyT

In the Undead army list, are the Protection and Regeneration  boosts from the "Summon Fresh Dead" spell permanent or do they last for a fixed period?

Thanks, Andy

Chieftain

Quote from: AndyT on 09 March 2015, 09:58:45 PM
In the Undead army list, are the Protection and Regeneration  boosts from the "Summon Fresh Dead" spell permanent or do they last for a fixed period?

Thanks, Andy

Hi Andy,

As with all ability boosts and special ability boosts from spell casting, the effect lasts until the end of the current phase or turn (as relevant).

The Summon fresh dead boost to Protection and the addition of Regenerate lasts for the current full Protection and Morale phase (phase 6).

AndyT

Thank you for the very speedy reply. I wasn't sure because the description for other spells say that the effects last just for the turn but I don't think this is mentioned for the Fresh Dead spell.

Many thanks.