Started by Chieftain, 07 April 2015, 12:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

Fantastic, the figures look great in such numbers and your flags really add to the look. You may convert me to 10x5cm bases yet!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Bodvoc

About time I added a few photo's and comments about my own progress. I now have DragonMen, Orcs and Goblins and Barbarian armies so I thought I would start work on my High Elves. Happily for me, this morning my friendly (but very wet) Postie, Pete bought me a little bag filled with Pendraken goodies, extra Optional Units' for some of my existing armies and the extra High Elf archers I was short of.  However I have made a start on the High Elves. This will be very much an elite force with good quality General and Mage units, all the core units will be upgraded with Fierce for the Knights, Powerful for the Archers and Resolute (and possibly Shieldwall) for the Warriors.
First up a photo of the Elf Knights and a unit of Guard Archer with swordsmen on the front row, archers behind.

Next we have the Mage unit with portable/inflatable standing stones with Unicorns in support.

finally so far we have the Ballista and crew with a unit of scouts. The scouts are actually Wood Elf Archers which seem to do the job nicely.

On the painting table at the moment are two units of spearmen/warriors, two units of archers to follow soon. The one unit I am stuck on is the General. Having spotted that the High Elf General has MT 2, making him faster than most it would make sense to have him as a group of mounted figures but I am not too sure about just using more Knights? Any suggestions?
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Luddite

Oh very nice indeed Bodvoc!

I do think the blue/chocolate brown combo works so well.  (I've used it in a couple of my armies)

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Chieftain

Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Nice  :)

Cheers - Phil.

Ithoriel

Really lovely looking stuff! Much impressed.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

DFlynSqrl

jimduncanuk

I have some Army Packs suitable for Warband/Warmaster available for a charity sale.

There are Anglo-Saxons, Normans, Hill Dwarves, Goblins and Norse.

All unpainted, out of packets, bases have been filed smooth.

No MDF bases.

One or two extras.

Anyone interested?

I will be attending Albanich this weekend, also Carronade and Claymore, and a few other shows in the North of England and all over Scotland.

They could be posted, buyer pays postage.

All proceeds will go to SSAFA.
My Ego forbids a signature.