Prizes Announced!

Started by Leon, 31 January 2015, 03:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

31 January 2015, 03:10:44 AM Last Edit: 06 February 2015, 01:21:16 AM by Leon
It's time to announce the prizes for this years Painting Competition and as always, we've got some fantastic goodies on offer from some excellent companies!

So first off, in each category there will be a winner and a runner-up, and each of those lucky folk will receive the following:

- The Winner of each category will receive £20 worth of Pendraken credit!
- The Runner-Up of each category will receive £10 worth of Pendraken credit!

In addition to the Pendraken prizes, we've also got some special category-specific prizes, very kindly donated from our generous sponsors:

Foot - Pre-20th C. - 5 painted buildings, donated by Escenografia Epsilon!

"Escenografia Epsilon was launched back in 2002, aiming to offer the best pieces of wargames scenery at great prices.  With products in 10mm, 15mm and 28mm, there's a wide variety of stuff available."

For more info on Epsilon, head over to their website: http://www.escenografia-epsilon.com/index.html

Foot - 20th C. - A £30 voucher from Last Man Last Bullet!

"Last Man Last Bullet produce a wide variety of terrain and scenic items in a range of scales.  For the 10mm fans in particular, this includes a great range of WWII bunkers and obstacles.  They can also be seen at some of the UK shows, including Penarth and Plymouth in the next few weeks."

For more info head over to the LMLB website: http://www.lastmanlastbullet.co.uk/

Mounted - Any one regular kit from Severn Models!

"Severn Models design & produce finely detailed model kit buildings, primarily in etched brass. They can be built with a few simple tools, and are ideal for model rail, diorama, and wargames scenery. Looking for a building kit you can't find?  Suggest it via the Severn Models website and it might be created..."

For more info, head over and check their online shop: www.SevernModels.com

Vehicle - 5 painted buildings, donated by Escenografia Epsilon!

"Escenografia Epsilon was launched back in 2002, aiming to offer the best pieces of wargames scenery at great prices.  With products in 10mm, 15mm and 28mm, there's a wide variety of stuff available."

For more info on Epsilon, head over to their website: http://www.escenografia-epsilon.com/index.html

Fantasy & Sci-Fi - A 2 player Starter Set from Hawk Wargames! (rrp £60)

"Hawk Wargames is dedicated to the design, development and production of class leading miniatures and wargames.  Our first venture is the 10mm scale sci-fi massed battle game, Dropzone Commander.  Our greatest ambition is to provide a whole range of innovative and high quality wargames in multiple scales, and multiple game universes."

For more info: http://www.hawkwargames.com/

The Runner-Up will receive a PHR Starter Army from Hawk Wargames!

Open - Single Base - Copy of our new Fantasy rules, Warband!

"Warband provides all the rules you need to bring great battles between fantasy armies to your tabletop.

Using miniature figures and terrain, you can fight battles from the glorious sword and sorcery epics you've read about.  
You can play games against your friends or competitive battles against worthy opponents."

For more info, head over to the Warband section of the Forum: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,83.0.html

Open - Army! - A 6 month subscription to Wargames Illustrated!

"Wargames Illustrated is the World's Premier Tabletop Gaming magazine.  Each month, we try to bring readers a hefty slice of wargaming life, and we continue to evolve, with print, web and digital formats, plus efforts to embrace the glorious panoply of our shared hobby."  

For more info: http://www.wargamesillustrated.net/

Pendraken would like to thank all of the companies who have donated prizes to the competition this year, please take a minute to check their websites and see what they have to offer!  

And of course, once the main competition is complete, there will be the Aart Brouwer People's Choice Award, sponsored by 'Minibits'!

This Award works by taking any of the remaining entries which received at least 1 point during the judging stage, and putting them to the vote here on the Forum, with the person who gets the most votes winning a £25 voucher for anything from the Minibits website: http://www.minibits.net/  We've also got a bonus prize to give out as well, courtesy of Hawk Wargames, so the winner will also receive a 'Scourge Starter Set' for use with Dropzone Commander!

We've got another little secret feature coming as well, so more details on that to follow!   :-$

Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Bodvoc

That is an impressive looking set of prizes, I shall certainly enter some of my figures, one can hope?
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Steve J

Hope is all I have when my humble efforts are submitted. Some nice prizes once again and a big thankyou to all of the sponsors :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good prizes again Chaps, well done.

Good luck all.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

andymac

Yet another great haul of prizes, well done Leon for getting those.  Good luck to all of you that enter, as a judge I am eagerly awaiting your entries.  Let the games begin  :D
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Womble67

Some really good prizes. I'm so looking forward to this yeard competition

Take care

Andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Yeard? You know what that means in Middle English, do you?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Yeard
A beard grown out over a year, or that looks scraggly and icky enough to have been grown for an entire year.

Usually one grown for purposes of charity fundraising.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

capthugeca

31 January 2015, 04:08:57 PM #9 Last Edit: 31 January 2015, 09:43:02 PM by Leon
Quote from: mad lemmey on 31 January 2015, 08:27:45 AM
Good prizes again Chaps, well done.

Good luck all.

Hear, here! (I can never remember which spelling it is  :-[)
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

paulr

Impressive prizes, well done Leon and all the sponsors :-bd =D> :-bd =D>

I suspect my entries will be a part of the forlorn hope ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: paulr on 31 January 2015, 08:37:06 PM

I suspect my entries will be a part of the forlorn hope ;D

Room for one more?  ;D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GrumpyOldMan

Hi All

I'm a bit nonplussed, I can't see the prize for the 'Painting So Bad It's Comic Relief' category -  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Duke Speedy of Leighton