DN46 Flying Snake

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 17 May 2014, 10:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Originally bought after the 'Twelve Days of Xmas' rewrite, finally got round to painting them (two pack worth on a base here)

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Ace of Spades

Wow... weird stuff! What army do they belong to?
Nicely painted though :-bd

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No idea Rob! Possibly dark elves or undead?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Subedai

In that finger four formation they could be from the famed but mythical Erstes Luft Schlange Jagdstaffel of the 1930's, often found in some of the high altitude cold areas of the Himalayas along with formations of Schneemenschen and Riesen-Schneeleoparden. (Apparently, due to personal marketing issues, these were left out of the film Seven Years in Tibet otherwise they would be more well known.)

Nice looking little beasties.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Ace of Spades

Aha! I thought these might be descendants of the famous Quetzalcoatl and that they might be a forboding of a new range of south- and meso-american figures?
Or am I now stepping on some toes...? :D
At least it's good to see that you haven't got a clue too Lemmey and just paint whatever you like to paint!

Cheers,
Rob

Duke Speedy of Leighton

19 May 2014, 08:44:28 AM #7 Last Edit: 19 May 2014, 08:49:11 AM by mad lemmey
Possibly aerial support for Lizzies, who have a slight South American theme?  ??? Or areal support?  :-\

Just done some research, the Galapagos Snake has, by fluke, the colour scheme I used!! As my Lizzies are also Galapagos inspired, this is perfect.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 19 May 2014, 08:18:10 AM
Aha! I thought these might be descendants of the famous Quetzalcoatl and that they might be a forboding of a new range of south- and meso-american figures?
Or am I now stepping on some toes...? :D
At least it's good to see that you haven't got a clue too Lemmey and just paint whatever you like to paint!

Cheers,
Rob

Hmmm. Magister Militum are talking about Mexicans, but fantasy, not historical, and if they don't expand the planned range the dam' things will be useless.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ace of Spades

Mexicans should wear huge hats, embroidered short jackets, lot's of ammo and at least two pistols!
(Or one pistol and a bottle of Tequilla!) ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Subedai

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 May 2014, 08:44:28 AM
Possibly aerial support for Lizzies, who have a slight South American theme?  ??? Or areal support?  :-\

Just done some research, the Galapagos Snake has, by fluke, the colour scheme I used!! As my Lizzies are also Galapagos inspired, this is perfect.

They wouldn't have much of a range though, the Galapagos Islands aren't that big but the sea around them is.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I know, but it matches the theme of the army nicely! ;D

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 May 2014, 08:44:28 AM

If you'd said 'surreal' support, I might have believed you.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two more packs added to make them up to a warband base, and ultimately might be the start of a Lizardman army!

They're BIG!

Terry37

Look great! Also a very interesting figure....might have to see how I can use some of them!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams