Foot - Pre 20th C.
9 points - kev1964, entry #3 - AWI British
8 points - BH62, entry #9 - AWI Highlanders
5 points - Andreas Hofer, entry #5 - ACW Zouaves
4 points - whitejamest, entry #7 - Late Romans
3 points - Andreas Hofer, entry #4 - 1860 Austrians
1 point - Matt of Munslow, entry #22 - SYW Highlanders
- Andreas Hofer's Austrians - superbly executed, great basing.
- whitejamest's Late Roman's - Another entry that just shouted out to me, a good use of colours, black lining and detail where needed. Shield and banners hand painted although a basic design executed well.
- Strong category.
- Matt of Munslow's Highlanders - superbly executed ... the detail that you can see there is spot-on.
Foot - 20th C.
12 points - whitejamest, entry #10 - WWII Germans
9 points - BH62, entry #4 - WWII Canadians
8 points - Dougie, entry #3 - FFL Para's
1 points - marshall1945, entry #9 - WWII Command
- whitejamest's WW2 Germans - really nicely done, crisp painting of an understated [correctly] camo scheme.
- Dougie's Legion Paras - very nicely done indeed, great detailing.
- whitejamest's Late 2nd World War Germans - I loved these as soon as I saw them.
- BH62's WWII Canadian Infantry - Considering the plainness of the colours of the uniform and equipment on these figures a lovely use of shading to make them stand out.
14 points - Hetairoi, entry #12 - Seleucid elephants
9 points - J.S., entry #15 - Austrian Hussars
3 points - Sigur, entry #1 - 30YW Croats
2 points - kev1964, entry #2 - AWI cavalry
1 points - WeeWars, entry #16 - French Chasseur a Cheval
1 point - Matt of Munslow, entry #10 - French Hussars
- Hetairoi's Selucid Elephant conversions - An entry that just shouted out as a clear winner.
- ...superbly done - an example of 'clean' painting style.
- J.S.'s Austrian Hussars - I liked these and the idea of including the image that inspired them, they may have scored higher had the image been clearer and brighter.
- ...great layering.
9 points - BH62, entry #6 - Flakpanzer
8 points - marshall1945, entry #11 - M12 155mm
5 points - whitejamest, entry #14 - Hetzer
3 points - Matt of Munslow, entry #5 - M48 Patton
3 points - jdeleonardis, entry #9 - T34/85
2 point - chrishanley, entry #24 - WWI MkIV
- Strong field, quite hard to judge. A number of these just missed out on points. My top three could be jumbled up and still be justifiable. Very close competition.
- chrishanley's MkIV - simple, understated, but this just looks like it's a WW1 tank, great weathering on the frontal markings...
- BH62's Flakpanzer - nice little entry this one, the track detail and camo make it stand out
- whitejamest's German Hetzer - a really nice simple but effective paint job
Fantasy & Sci-Fi
12 points - Annatar, entry #4 - Manticore
10 points - Hetairoi, entry #19 - Ethereal Host
5 points - Enbaji, entry #11 - Anubis troops
2 points - Hetairoi, entry #3 - Zombies
1 points - Annatar, entry #6 - Gandalf and Bilbo
- Annatar's Manticore - It may be a single figure but the face on this figure just cried out to me.
- Hetairoi's Ethereal Host - I loved the dry brushing technique used here to give this figures the spectral look.
- Hetairoi's undead - lovely looking unit - coherent use of limited palette to tie them in, great basing.
- Enbaji's Anubis troops - nicely clean execution.
Open - Single Base
8 points - BH62, entry #6 - Fallschirmjager 8.8cm
7 points - Hetairoi, entry #33 - Seleucid scythed chariot
4 points - WeeWars, entry #34 - Napoleonic supply wagon
4 points - BH62, entry #7 - AWI British artillery
3 points - jdeleonardis, entry #18 - George Washington
2 points - BH62, entry #8 - Canadian 6pdr
2 points - kev1964, entry #26 - AWI artillery
- BH62's Fallschirmjäger 8.8cm FLAK 36 - A really well thought out entry with a real attention to detail, loved the shells and empty cases.
- Hetairoi's Seleucid scythed chariot conversion - A great use of bold colours on this entry but with an attention to shading and detail where needed.
- Kev1964's AWI artillery - crisp, clean, just looks like I would think these looked in real life...
- BH62's AWI Brit gun - very nicely executed.
Open - Army
12 points - Dougie, entry #2 - Falklands
9 points - BH62, entry #14 - WWII German Para's
4 points - kev1963, entry #35 - AWI Brits
2 points - Andreas Hofer, entry #7 - ACW Zouave unit
1 points - geed, entry # 5 - Welcome to the Jungle
1 point - Irregular Wars, entry # 13 - Romano Brits / Saxons
1 point - WeeWars, entry #37 - Stubborn mule
- Dougie's Argentine Forces - This entry caught my eye right from the start, lovely painting and beautiful base work.
- geed's Welcome to the Jungle - I really love the skin on the reptiles in this entry.
- Kev1964's AWI Army - beautifully clean painting, well-presented and again, nicely coherent across different troop types, tying the whole thing together.
- irregularwars's Romano-British & Saxons - nice gradation, crisp painting and great 'feel' overall.