Compliments!

Started by Ace of Spades, 25 September 2013, 08:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace of Spades

My Boer war order arrived today and it 's just perfect. Still wondering if I'll start to paint them or just drool over them....mmmmm! (Painted will probably look better and more attractive to the audience I guess?)
Even so; my compliments! I hope to get most of it done before november so we can take 'em along to Crisis in Antwerp (if they still have a table that is...)
Thanks again!

Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Excellent, good to hear the package has arrived safely!   :-bd

Give me a shout if we can help with anything else.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ace of Spades

Don't worry, I will! :D
I might contact you before Antwerp for some standing horses without riders (I've seen the pic's of the ACW horses but can't find pic's of the the 1860's Austrian horses...?)!
Also; would it be possible to get some of the British Boer War infantry officers both in Pith helmets and slouch hats (the guys waving the troops on with their rifles held in their left hands) since I guess they would make great horseholders!

Cheers,
Rob

Leon

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 25 September 2013, 09:32:57 PM
I might contact you before Antwerp for some standing horses without riders (I've seen the pic's of the ACW horses but can't find pic's of the the 1860's Austrian horses...?)!
Also; would it be possible to get some of the British Boer War infantry officers both in Pith helmets and slouch hats (the guys waving the troops on with their rifles held in their left hands) since I guess they would make great horseholders!

We can do those for you, no bother, just pop us an email with what you need.  The Austrian horses are the same as the ACW horses as well.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ace of Spades

I'll try to send you an e-mail later today!

Cheers,
Rob

OldenBUA

I saw over on Facebook what you did with your earlier batch of 'Rooinekken', Rob. Looking very good!

:-bd

Alex
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Hertsblue

OK, so why are there no pics on here, or at the very least a link?  :'(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ace of Spades

Eh... that's mainly because I'm a complete nitwit where computers and stuff are concerned. I have an endless patience painting figures but when one thing goes amiss working in the pc (the one thing going amiss usually being me!) I immediately tend to shut the damn thing down (the pc that is!)...
Even so; I send the pics by e-mail to Leon and he will put them up in their Photobucket file and send me the link. If that works I (yes, even I!) should be able to post the link/pics here...

In the meanwhile; try looking for me on Facebook under the name: God Of-war (please...don''t even ask... don't get me started)

Cheers,
Rob

OldenBUA

26 September 2013, 11:13:59 AM #8 Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 11:31:51 AM by OldenBUA
Quote from: Hertsblue on 26 September 2013, 08:34:35 AM
OK, so why are there no pics on here, or at the very least a link?  :'(

This works for me, so hopefully for other forum members?

Hope that's OK, Rob?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Like those a lot, great basing too.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ace of Spades

Thanks Mad Lemmy (any relations to the Motörhead frontman?),

Your welcome to post them here; had the good Lord spend one more braincell on my pc abilities instead of a steady hand I would have done it myself!  ;)
Even so; I'll give it another go one of these days and venture into the Photobucket house of digital horrors again...

Cheers!
Rob

Matt J

ok, they look really good, my compliments
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 26 September 2013, 11:54:11 AM
Thanks Mad Lemmy (any relations to the Motörhead frontman?)
No, just a passing resemblance in the 90s when I had hair and a beard...

The name Lemmey came from an ancients campaign of about the same vintage, leader of my forces was Al-Lemus Al-Leparus, prophet of the Upper Nile, know to his friends as Mad Lemmey
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ace of Spades

Quote from: mad lemmey on 26 September 2013, 02:12:34 PM
No, just a passing resemblance in the 90s when I had hair and a beard...
Oh right hair! I remember that somehow... used to have some of it too... wonder where I put it...?!? :-\
Still got the beard though, thank god!

Techno

Love the figures Rob.
Great job.
(Don't worry......You're not the only one that has problems with pc's and 'blanking' photobucket.) ;D ;)
Cheers - Phil.