WW1 Rules available for play testing

Started by DanJ, 23 June 2010, 01:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: DanJ on 25 January 2012, 11:58:08 AM
Latest copy of rules just emailed, files are quite manageable.

Wifey has agreed to holiday in late June and early July so it's looking good for the party.  :D

I've got the files, thanks for sending those through.  Great news on the party, should be a great day!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DanJ

Hi Leon,

Wifey has agreed to me coming to the party :D

I'm working on a senario based on Amiens in August 1918 to show as wide a range of Pendraken models as possible, French as well as British and German  ;)

However I've just got an email to say someone can't down load the latest version of the rules, can you check please.

Regards

Dan

Leon

Apologies for the delay, trying to do too many things at once and forgot to upload them...  :-[

All done now, so the new versions of the rules are now available at the start of this thread: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,825.msg6276.html#msg6276

Quote from: DanJ on 16 February 2012, 04:41:56 PM
Hi Leon,

Wifey has agreed to me coming to the party :D

I'm working on a senario based on Amiens in August 1918 to show as wide a range of Pendraken models as possible, French as well as British and German  ;)

Excellent, awesome news.  I'll be touch soon about the details of the game!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

With the WW1 anniversary coming up soon, has anyone given these rules a go, and if so do you have any feedback?

:-\

fred.

I've just seen these rules linked through from TMP, to Miniature Wargames - then done some googling, and ended up back at Pendraken!!

I've been looking through these this morning, and working out some figures and base counts.

For a test game or two, how important is it to have individual platoon bases? I have lots of WWII based on 50x30mm bases, which is pretty much the same as 4 of the FF platoon bases ranked up. I am happy to use dice to mark wounds, rather than removing stands.

While in the medium term I'm more than happy to buy more Pendraken, I'm also aware of the number of projects I have on the go, and the finite amount of painting time I have.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Fenton

just bought MW with the article, excellent read
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fateeore

The colour quotes are a little jarring.

They are best described as anti-Govish, which given the current debate makes the rules look poorly researched,

Church lad

Have been trying out some 1914 ideas but a couple of questions arose. When a battalion issues orders to a company does it mean that the company can spend the number of actions on its platoons? For example a coy receives 2 actions, does this mean that it can activate 2 platoons or that each platoon can do 2 things?  Can the 2 actions be the same, ie. a platoon could fire twice?
Also, why does a command stand have a modifier in close combat?

Thanks for any help

ffoulk

I'm really impressed by these Dan!

The Great War has always held my interest historically but really haven't come across rules which seemed interesting to play beyond 1914. Okay, I admit I am choosing 1918 and the rebirth of more mobile warfare for my armies but these make me think I might actually try something a bit trenchy as well.

This is going to be my summer project. Biggest downside of WW1 terrain is making all of those bloody barbed-wire entanglements - just ordered 10 meters of (oversize at this scale) barbed wire. *sigh*