Who wants Mongols? - Pledging closed, Mongols on the way!

Started by Leon, 24 June 2013, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Kickstarter Aztecs anyone? :d
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Thanks for the replies so far, I've updated the original post with the totals so far!  Couple of queries:

Quote from: Sandinista on 24 June 2013, 07:16:43 AM
I would buy a large army, at least 2 packs of each.

How much roughly as a total?  2 packs of everything would run to £88?

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 June 2013, 08:52:26 AM
Yes all of them.

1 of each?

Quote from: ianrs54 on 24 June 2013, 12:11:52 PM
I be int'rested

How interested?!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I would definitely be buying two or three of the basic bow armed light horse, up my order accordingly.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 June 2013, 02:38:43 PM
I would definitely be buying two or three of the basic bow armed light horse, up my order accordingly.

2 extra packs, total updated!

Genom

£36 of goodies that'd give me a 1000pt Warmaster Hun army to fight my crusaders. Depending on poses they'd probably slot in okay with my Arabians as well.

1   MON1 - Light cavalry, with bow (3 poses)
1   MON2 - Light cavalry, with sword and bow (2 poses)
1   MON4 - Light armoured cavalry, with bow (3 poses)
1   MON5 - Light armoured cavalry, with sword and bow (2 poses)
1   MON8 - Heavy cavalry, with sword and bow (2 poses)
2   MON10 - Cavalry command (3-5 mixed poses)
2   MON11 - Dismounted cavalry, with bow (3 poses)

I'd certainly be willing to pay that if it came down to it.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Sorry but Huns and Mongols look rather different......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: Fenton on 24 June 2013, 01:18:43 PM
Kickstarter Aztecs anyone? :d

Talking of which.....Where's a certain person got to ? :-\
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Quote from: Genom on 24 June 2013, 04:11:49 PM
£36 of goodies that'd give me a 1000pt Warmaster Hun army to fight my crusaders. Depending on poses they'd probably slot in okay with my Arabians as well.

Cheers, total updated!

fred.

These could be very tempting - especially at the back end of the year, in time for Christmas.

What is the planned difference between the light cavalry and the light armoured cavalry? Most army lists (which I know are just army lists) don't put in this extra distinction?

Would an allied/subject light cavalry figure be more useful than 5 light variations (not that more figure variations aren't good).

I'm sure I will be up for £40-50 worth - probably get me back to playing Hail Caesar to get nice Horse Archer rules too!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred    12df on 24 June 2013, 05:22:44 PM
What is the planned difference between the light cavalry and the light armoured cavalry? Most army lists (which I know are just army lists) don't put in this extra distinction?

Would an allied/subject light cavalry figure be more useful than 5 light variations (not that more figure variations aren't good).

The lights would be in hats, no armour at all, and then the lightly armoured would have helmets and mail.  I suppose 'Medium cavalry' would be a better term!

8)

Thanks for the potential order as well, I'll update the total.

Sandinista

Quote from: Leon on 24 June 2013, 01:50:06 PM
How much roughly as a total?  2 packs of everything would run to £88?
Yes £88 as a starter pack, I like large cavalry armies  :D

sakura

great idea and sounds like it isnt too massive like some kickstarters
ill go for 2 each code £88
good luck

Bishop Lord

Good luck with the project. Though Mongols aren't for me. How much is the pledging cost per person? And how does a kickstarter thing work?

Jason.
" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!