Air Defence Cadet Corps

Started by Poggle, 03 September 2021, 08:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poggle

A question for the Hive Mind. Does anyone know if the Air Defence Cadet Corps wore uniform during the 1939-40 period before they became the ATC? TIA.

Leon

I've no info beyond Google I'm afraid but I found these images showing them in uniforms:

134 (Bedford) Squadron Air Defence Cadet Corps Squadron - 1st Anniversary Parade 1940

Air cadets of 67 Squadron, Glasgow Air Defence Cadet Corps being inspected by a dignitary at Renfrew Airport, 1930s.

From the RAF Association on Twitter:
17.07.38: The first UK Air Defence Cadet Corps Squadron - the forerunner of the Air Training Corps formed

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Poggle

Thanks, Leon! Your Google-fu is obviously much stronger than mine. I searched and all I could find was mention of a badge. It figures they had a uniform.

Leon

Quote from: Poggle on 05 September 2021, 01:16:25 PM
Thanks, Leon! Your Google-fu is obviously much stronger than mine. I searched and all I could find was mention of a badge. It figures they had a uniform.

No worries!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jemima Fawr

As has been said, the uniform was essentially identical, though with different wording on the shoulder-badges and a very slightly different cap-badge (the ADCC had a modernist, stylised and angular bird, whereas the ATC cap badge has a naturalistic 'Kestreagletross').