The Marvelous Miscellany of MMcV

Started by mmcv, 30 May 2020, 04:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Looking good, Matthew !  8)

Cheers - Phil. :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

I've been working on a few fantasy figures as "palette cleansers" after getting four armies finished up recently.

One of the fantastic samurai ape figures:

This cheeky chappie likes to blow his horn at all hours of the day or night:

A big axe solves many problems:

A light in the dark, experiments in OSL:

I've also posted a few battle reports recently (including a new Aztec and Tarascan one today) and taken some full army pics of the Aztec and Tarascan forces that have been posted elsewhere too.

Enjoy!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Very nice indeed, Matthew ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil  :)

sunjester

mmcv

This month's update:

https://mmcvhistoryhome.wordpress.com/2021/02/28/progress-update-february-2021/

Hectic month, but was nice to have some painting as a distraction. Most of my focus was on my entries for the competition. Was fun to challenge myself and paint a few things that had been lingering in my pile for a bit. Painted my first ever tank. Couple of ECW units that have reinspired my interest in the era (and convinced me to take on the rebasing of them to smaller single bases in future). And some other fun odds and ends. I definitely need to get a better camera before the next competition mind you! Current phone just isn't up to it.

mmcv

Pendraken ordered much much sooner than expected, well done Leon and team! Exciting times ahead as it includes some expansions to an existing project plus the seeds of 2 new projects.  8->

Few other packages expected just from other hobby companies with other bits and bobs.

All coming together nicely.

mmcv

March update: https://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2021/03/28/progress-update-march-2021/

No painting due to house move but did start doing this...

Ripping ECW units apart to start rebasing onto smaller single bases. Got a few reinforcements from Pendraken and Lancer to fill them out, just awaiting an order from Newline for some more variety. For the standard foot I'm thinking 3x3 blocks of musket and pike, for shot heavy 4x3 musket, 2x3 pike then pike heavy maybe 5x3 pike, 2x3 musket. Dragoons and Commanded shot maybe a slightly irregular arrangement of whatever looks good. Then command, flags, drums in front/behind. Whether I can fit all that properly on an 80x40 remains to be seen...

Should probably do a bit of painting this weekend and sort through the new forces, though quite tempted by another game. Next battle in the Holy War series? Or maybe get the Chinese or Aztecs out for a change of pace...  :-\

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Certainly seen worse on my desk  :(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Looking good on the rebasing front Matt 8).

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Looking damn good, Matthew. :-bd

Cheers - Phil. :)