Sean's 2023 adventures

Started by Sean Clark, 26 April 2023, 06:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Clark

Well,what a few months it's been.

In June last year a long journey began, leading to news in autumn that my prospects of surviving the next few months were limited.

However, all that is behind me and this isn't my ghost posting so I am still upright and breathing. Which is just as well because I have a pile of figures to paint amd if I don't do them, I'm not sure my wife or daughter would be obliging.

So having not really done much of anything at the back end of last year and the first 3 months of 2023, I'm now back in saddle again as the song goes.

I've dug out my AWI figures purchased for the Hobkirks Hill scenario from Little Wars TV. I may have said this before, but the AWI figures are some of my favourite sculpts in any scale ever.

Pictures will be forthcoming but for now, I just wanted to say hello  happy new year (🤣) and that I have now painted the 1st Maryland Continentals with the 2nd Maryland on the painting table ready to go.

I hope you're all well amd I look forward to re-engaging with you all in the coming weeks and months.
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Ithoriel

Eek! Sorry to hear that Sean. Glad you are still with us but I'm guessing you've had an experience none of us would envy.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Back in the saddle, eh? Should you be horse riding in your condition? ;) :D >:<
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Welcome back.

I agree with your assessment of the AWI range - the new(ish) additions tempt me greatly and I'd certainly be looking to buy some if they weren't ... erm ...AWI.

Wishing you continued good health.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Wot they sed >:<

AWI are indeed wonderful sculpts and that range brought me to Pendraken

Looking forward to pictures as you progress through your pile of figure

PS don't forget to keep topping the pile up ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Welcome back sir.
The AWI are amazing, I'm painting a fourth force (out of six) for them now (two for me, four for a friend).
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bunny

Good to see you back Sean and I see you are back 'on air'.  I enjoy hearing you with Alex and Ken even though I am a soft, green tea drinking Southerner

Leon

Good to have you back Sean!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J