How are we getting through it?

Started by Leon, 19 April 2020, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno II

Quote from: Noktu on 05 November 2021, 05:02:10 AM

And the finger was a clean cut with a handheld circular saw,

One of the reasons why Von has forbidden me to use our chop saw !!

Cheers - Phil. :D

mmcv

Get (or make!) one of those prosthetic fingers with a little storage compartment in it. Could keep an emergency tictac in there, or a small roll of string, or a very small pencil, or just some fake blood to freak people out with....

Steve J

Well I got my booster jab yesterday at a walk in centre (Bath Reacecourse). Luckily I was at the 6 month point to the day quite by chance, as the centre was not allowing in those who had had it 5 months ago, despite the government saying that was OK from yesterday. A lot of confused people for sure. Glad to have had it done, although it did leave me feeling very tired for 24 hours and a bit flu like. Feel pretty good now though.

Orcs

Mrs Orcs and I have our Booster tomorrow. I have not had side effects to either of the first two. (Mrs Orcs says " No feeling, no Sense") Very rude I thought.   
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

Same from me, Mark !

Von and I had our flu jabs yesterday afternoon..still waiting to get our 'invitations' for the booster.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Steve J

If you are over 50 and had your jabs 6 months ago or more (or 5 if the government info is right/being applied) then you can bookonline Phil, or it is even quicker to find your nearest walk in centre. I did the latter a quite a few people in the queue had done the same as it turned out to be about two weeks earlier than booking an appointment.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno II on 10 November 2021, 07:47:57 AMSame from me, Mark !

Von and I had our flu jabs yesterday afternoon..still waiting to get our 'invitations' for the booster.

Got both mine at same time couple of weeks ago. No probs.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

jimduncanuk

Just got our booster appointments.

This coming Monday, 10 past 6 about 20 miles away to the other side of town using the busiest road this side of the country catching the tail end of the rush hour.

That'll be fun!
My Ego forbids a signature.

d_Guy

I was boosted two weeks ago - unlike my 2nd shot which provided a nasty 48hrs, the booster gave on a slightly sore arm. The wife gets boosted tomorrow. She had a similar reaction to her second so we decided to not get boosters on same day.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno II

QuoteIf you are over 50 and had your jabs 6 months ago or more (or 5 if the government info is right/being applied) then you can bookonline Phil, or it is even quicker to find your nearest walk in centre. I did the latter a quite a few people in the queue had done the same as it turned out to be about two weeks earlier than booking an appointment.

I don't think we can do that in Wales, Steve.
Von asked the nurse, Jen, who gave us our flu jabs what the score was....As far as she could tell, we'll get an invite by post sometime (soon ?)

Heedless Horseman

Have just had Flu jab at local GPs. 12/11/21. I mentioned that Covid Booster would be due soon... and they booked me in for the 25th!
Previous jabs... had to wait for letter/email, book and go to town vac center... mucho pleased!  :)

Ma was due Booster and Flu jabs 3 weeks ago, but, her near total loss of Mobility meant flagging up District Nurse for home visit. Heard nothing since but imagine VERY busy.  :(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Had both of mine on a Saturday. Booked or rather re-booked flu jab for a Saturday, was rung mid-week to ask if wanted both at same time. Anecdotally then seems to vary surgery by surgery
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Well Mrs Orcs had aching and flue symptoms for about 24 hours.  I had a slightly sore arm for a few hours.

Flue Jabs done, Hope to get my Pneumonia one when I have a Diabetes check next month
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson