Les Francais arrivent

Started by Scorpio_Rocks, 09 March 2020, 02:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio_Rocks

09 March 2020, 02:36:54 PM Last Edit: 09 March 2020, 02:39:54 PM by Scorpio_Rocks
Part one of my 9YW French army arrived! Thanks to Kevin for the painting.
The observant amongst you may notice a familiar image as the personal banner of the general.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Techno

Those look absolutely cracking !  :-bd
He's done a super job on those.

I've noticed the personalised banner.....and I know it's your 'avatar'.....Do I win a prize ?  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

I was going to say, "Golden Arches?" - but the background would then have to be red.  ;)

Nice work.  :-bd  30mm wide bases?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

IMHO a quick line of colour on the white edges of the flags will improve the look of flags
The colour match doesn't have to be perfect
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

mmcv

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Westmarcher on 09 March 2020, 05:29:26 PM
30mm wide bases?

Yes Infantry 6 (2 ranks of 3)  and Cavalry 2 on 30x20mm bases, Battallia commanders on 30mm rounds, Cannon on 30mm x whatever fits and generals on 40mm rounds.
(we play Warlord's Pike and Shotte)
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

FierceKitty

Quote from: paulr on 09 March 2020, 06:02:27 PM
:-bd =D> :-bd

IMHO, a quick line of colour on the white edges of the flags will improve the look of the flags.
The colour match doesn't have to be perfect.

IMFFHO you're quite right.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Scorpio_Rocks

Thanks chaps will hunt out some pens to touch up the flags' edges
Horatio Nelson.

Terry37

One of my all time favorite periods, just due to the wonderful array of uniforms!!! Yours look stunning!!!

Did I notice the Cuirassiers du Roi wearing helmets and breast/back plates? Love the idea, and just may ahve to add them thus in my 9YW HOTT armies.

Please keep us posted as I always love seeing armies of the period.

I have only done a few of the elements for the French, but am anxious to get back into working on them. The grenadiers were converted from musket men. The Man in the Iron Mask from a peasant figure with a late Roman knight helmet head.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Those are rather splendid, Terry.  8)

Cheers - Phil.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Terry37 on 12 March 2020, 02:59:57 AMDid I notice the Cuirassiers du Roi wearing helmets and breast/back plates?

Please keep us posted as I always love seeing armies of the period.

Yes my Cuirassiers are wearing their cuirass - no fun in them not!

Thanks for your kind words, I will certainly add pictures as each batch arrive.

Loving the man in the iron mask!
Horatio Nelson.