Paint volume for uniforms on figures

Started by hammurabi70, 05 March 2020, 04:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 March 2020, 06:36:25 AM
Loud enough to annoy my wife to quiet enough to drown out Holby City on the TV...
Paint, sorry, thought it was music, right...
A quick squeeze from a Vallejo dropped onto an upturned coat d'arms pot. I also worked out with care you can loosen lids and return the majority of the spare paint to the bottle. I also use the nipple inverted as a pot if I only need a tiny amount.

Yup i do this as well!

hammurabi70

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 05 March 2020, 07:23:29 PM
I have paints which are at least a decade old, some even older and I have some which I bought at the end of last year and are near done.

I paint figures every day, some 6mm, a lot of 10mm, a few 15mm and a lot of 28mm. Then there are buildings and other terrain.

I probably spend around £10-£30 at every show on paint and I do about 9-10 shows a year.

Then there is brushes ...

Most of mine that are a decade old seem to be solid and unusable!  Sadly, I rarely get to the bottom of a tin but at some point find the paint has solidified.  Spend for this round is £25 and rising.

Ithoriel

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 19 April 2020, 12:02:37 AM
Most of mine that are a decade old seem to be solid and unusable!  Sadly, I rarely get to the bottom of a tin but at some point find the paint has solidified.  Spend for this round is £25 and rising.

Tin???
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 March 2020, 06:36:25 AM
. I also use the nipple inverted as a pot if I only need a tiny amount.

I don't think the forum needs or wants to know you have inverted nipples.  :)

and before you think about it we certainly don't want a photo  ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021