WWII 15mm US Armour

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 14 October 2013, 03:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A mix of Battlefront and Peter Pig. The Peter Pig stuff I 'inherited' and have just repainted.

Mixed platoon

A brace of BF Sherman Jumbos

MULLIGAN!

Random Stuart

Peter Pig Shermans

General Colt Patton
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Great stuff, love the dog!  ;D

Ithoriel

Oooh! Don't do that! I need to concentrate on 10mm Germans and Soviets and now you've got me thinking,"those look nice, I quite fancy some of those."  >:(

Hmm, Chain of Command in 15mm???  :-\

See what you've started!  ;)

Very nice all the same.

I think I need a Soviet General with a "defused" bomb dog companion for my 10mm CO stand. Easy enough to remove the bomb pack I think. 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Excellent Will !!
Cheers - Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hertsblue

Excellent, Will. The pennants on the M20 are a nice touch.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Hertsblue

Nice work, Lemmey. How do you feel about the moulded-on bases of the softskins? Personally, they drive me mad.  >:(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Really annoying, but stick enough flock on them...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

While I cry after losing massively

bigjackmac

Awesome Lemmey, wish they were mine! ;)

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Those are rather spiffy, Will !  :)
Cheers - Phil

jambo1

Really nice, don't game WW2 but those are really tempting. :-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

23 January 2021, 10:20:52 PM #14 Last Edit: 23 January 2021, 10:22:55 PM by mad lemmey
Man I hate thread necromancy!!!

Sometime in the mid to late 90s, my friend Dean left his box of 15mm SDD and QRF Americans at my Mum's house. I still have them, and up until 2015 used them regularly (rebasing them for Flames of War). I haven't seen Dean since the mid-00s, but he always said that as long as the army was getting used, he was fine with that (same goes for my US, Soviet and British Cold War fleets he had, I think I got the better end of the deal TBH). AFter I fell out of loe with Flames in 2016, they have been sitting there, gathering dust..

But 5+ years later, I decided that I had had enough of this figure's blister appearing at the top of the lead mountain when I was looking for more important things, and it was time to get it painted at last.

L4 Grasshopper AOP. Used to be utterly cheesy in Flames of War, but since I don't play any more, it was fun to do.

I did have transfers, but not the blue backed stars and bars, so I had to freehand the background, bars and invasion stripes, so I decided it might be easier to freehanded the lot, and it fits in better with the hand painted ethos that the brilliantly painted 30 year old infantry and armour that the rest of the army has.

I actually quite enjoyed it, but no idea if, or when, I will ever use it.

The most important thing is I keep adding to Dean's army, so that if he ever does want it back, it will be bigger, and hopefully be in a better state than when I 'borrowed' it.

Underside, which no one gets to see.

Just a silly shot

I miss using the army, must find another rules set for it...