What to paint on holiday?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 22 July 2015, 07:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What figures should I take to paint on holiday?

Barbarian for Warband
8 (30.8%)
Goblin for Warband
3 (11.5%)
Mongols
3 (11.5%)
Poles
6 (23.1%)
1864 Prussians
3 (11.5%)
1864 Danes
3 (11.5%)
Later Imperial Romans
6 (23.1%)
LOA Infantry
2 (7.7%)
What! You want a divorce, this is a holiday! Leave it at home and enjoy the break!
9 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: 29 July 2015, 07:32:52 AM

Duke Speedy of Leighton

If the 'Don't paint' wins by a substantial majority, I will follow that course.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Seascapes with watercolours are popular
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

jchaos79

I am a great fan of mad lemmey projects!

It is always an inspiration

And I really like these kind of polls  :D

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: fred    12df on 22 July 2015, 05:58:43 PM
I'm surprised how strong the don't paint vote is.

I normally take a some modelling stuff on holiday - thought normally 28mm plastic kits to assemble as they are less messy, and need less good light. Times I have taken painting stuff it's usually been too much effort for the return.

I have a special Holiday desk lamp with a long  extension lead  (as there are never power points in the right place) for painting on holiday. I even took stuff to Florida a couple of years ago.  -  Mrs Orcs TOLD me to. (Yes I am very Lucky) 

I do try to take stuff that is fairly robust and only needs a few colours though.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 22 July 2015, 08:15:10 AM
A holiday is a time to enjoy the things you enjoy.

Enjoy your wives and your concubines and those that you can hold with your right hand, but do not surrender to them that which gives you pleasure. If they say to you "but we are on holiday and it is time for family" say "I shall apportion my time appropriately. Some I shall give to my wives and my concubines and those that I hold with my right hand, and some I shall give to eating and to sleeping and to washing, but some part I shall reserve for the which gives me pleasure."

I have got to stop reading religious texts - FSN

If i could take a couple of 20 something concubines with me I would happily give the painting a miss! :d

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But not  intensive care from the self induced heart attack due to over exercising.....

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: ianrs54 on 24 July 2015, 07:52:59 AM
But not  intensive care from the self induced heart attack due to over exercising.....

IanS  ;)

Or the large wound where Mrs Orcs has removed my crown jewels- Actually that would not be the case, when you go on holiday none of the knives are sharp.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 24 July 2015, 07:51:28 AM
If i could take a couple of 20 something concubines with me I would happily give the painting a miss! :d

At that age they're too inexperienced. Give trained regulars over raw volunteers any day.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Bodvoc

How about concubines that can also paint wargames figures?
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

FierceKitty

I have several units painted by my wife. And our mistress has promised to do us a regiment too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looks like it's nothing, then Barbarians. So that's what I shall do, a few nights of nothing, then some barbarians. ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Choose those nights carefully, very carefully.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just watched the new Conan (dire film) and Troll Hunter (so bad it's good).
Barbarians are definitely getting done! ;)