Hello...totally new to scale

Started by urbancohort, 30 June 2014, 09:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbancohort

Quote from: Leon on 30 June 2014, 09:44:34 PM
Hi urbancohort, welcome to the Forum!

Course you can!   :D

GET BEHIND ME SATAN!!!!!
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

urbancohort

Quote from: slugbalancer on 01 July 2014, 01:13:19 PM
How about the Sudan, railway there of course.  I'm sure there were trains in Lawrence of Arabia, so WWI Arab revolt.

Great idea! Though nothing much known about Sudan Railway....

Leman

How about the railway guns defending Paris in 1870, or Australian light horse chasing German rail guns in 1918.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chad

Mmm. I've always wanted a train set.  ;)

Chad

T13A

Hi and Welcome

Where in Zummerzet are you? I'm between Shepton Mallet and Radstock, might be able to persuade you to do Seven Years War.......

And I have built a small N gauge railway for my son (and the buildings come in useful for WWII)!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

paulr

Quote from: T13A on 01 July 2014, 09:34:55 PM
And I have built a small N gauge railway for my son (and the buildings come in useful for WWII)!

Great thinking that man =D>  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: urbancohort on 01 July 2014, 07:32:20 PM
GET BEHIND ME SATAN!!!!!

Welcome Urbancoat.

While Leon is not quite Satan - he is often refered to on this forum as "The Dark Lord". 

He has may followers but the "High Priest" is FSN, who it is rumoured sacrificed a cat to him (FSN claims he gave it back to his ex :-\ ), to get the Centurion Tank produced, and it worked.

Fierce Kitty has been campaigning for Meso-american ranges for about 10 years with no success.  He is now considering following the Aztec practice of human sacrifice to the Dark Lord to get them produced. However his wife who he assures us meets the standards of perfection for such an offering is refusing to co-operate.   ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I'm old-fashioned; prefer to sacrifice virgins. And by the time I know them well enough to raise the subject....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 03 July 2014, 08:44:28 AM
I'm old-fashioned; prefer to sacrifice virgins. And by the time I know them well enough to raise the subject....

Well its either quell your carnal desires or accept your never going to get those Aztecs
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No - he's just NEVER going to get those AZTECs, the Mars cooperation successfully applied for a cease and desist order in the '80s...

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

urbancohort

Quote from: T13A on 01 July 2014, 09:34:55 PM
Hi and Welcome

Where in Zummerzet are you? I'm between Shepton Mallet and Radstock, might be able to persuade you to do Seven Years War.......

Cheers Paul

Paul:

thanks for offer - Bath born and bred but emigrated to Sarf East Lunnon three decades ago as a mere stripling to seek my fortune.

still looking! :D

Plasticoutsider

Welcome!  I was new to this scale as well about three weeks ago.  My living space is now overrun with hundreds of figures.  I bought two wars of the Roses armies (only little ones) almost by mistake.  It's a great forum, and the advice is friendly and generous.  And occasionally certifiable.

urbancohort

Great banter guys - i can see I am going to enjoy this!

And as for Aztec religious practices, my boss referes to 'Mayan Management' where you take some poor beknighted fool up to the top of teh Ziggurat and rip their still beating heart out in front of witnesses.... Apparently that is HIS preferred style.... >:( >:(

Subedai

Quote from: urbancohort on 03 July 2014, 09:59:25 PM
Paul:

thanks for offer - Bath born and bred but emigrated to Sarf East Lunnon three decades ago as a mere stripling to seek my fortune.

still looking! :D

You emigrated TO south east London!!

I'm originally from Essex but now I'm just down the M20 from you in Kent (actually all of the M20 is in Kent but don't tell anybody), after trying to be a cultural missionary in the West Midlands for 28 years. I now spend my time trying to convince people about the benefits of having a Mongol army -the new Pendraken ones are the mutts.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Last Hussar

"Banter"?

This is this rabble staying on topic.  You wait till they derail!
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry