G'day from Australia

Started by Shelldrake, 17 August 2014, 11:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Quote from: Subedai on 18 August 2014, 12:15:37 PM

Yours is only the second time I've come across the name Shelldrake. The other was one of my English teachers from school in Southend.

Interesting - I took the name from the military appointment title for artillery - which is a profession I have been doing for twenty two years now.  I wonder if that teacher used to be in the army?

Fenton

Whereabouts in Victoria are you?

Puckapunyal?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Shelldrake

Based near Melbourne - about 2 hours away from Pucka

Fenton

I used to live in Point Cook near the airbase
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Subedai

Quote from: Shelldrake on 18 August 2014, 01:07:30 PM
Interesting - I took the name from the military appointment title for artillery - which is a profession I have been doing for twenty two years now.  I wonder if that teacher used to be in the army?

If he was it would have been in WW II, Korea or Malaya as he was getting on a bit when he taught us miscreants. If memory serves he was a bit of a stickler so maybe a corporal or even a sergeant.

I know our Deputy Head was in the Airborne at Arnhem.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

By the time I got to secondary school Miscreants had been scrapped in favour of Latin.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Subedai

No such luck here, Latin and Greek (Ancient) were part of the 'A' and 'B' stream syllabus. I was in what Connolly eloquently refers to as the 'Stupid but Saveables' of the 'C' stream.
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Shelldrake

Welcome to the forum from an ex-Victorian (now living on the north coast of NSW).

A great place to discuss things and people are willing to accept idiosyncrasies. I'm a case in point, been here for a while and no one has asked me to leave yet  :D (usual response unfortunately to my inanities).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Orcs

Quote from: Subedai on 18 August 2014, 12:15:37 PM
Yours is only the second time I've come across the name Shelldrake. The other was one of my English teachers from school in Southend.

Wasn't  that actually Shelly Drake who you had lots of fun behind the bike sheds with? :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Subedai

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 19 August 2014, 01:01:16 PM

Wasn't  that actually Shelly Drake who you had lots of fun behind the bike sheds with? :d

;D ;D

If only, it was all boys school...although come to think of it, some of them were a bit...
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Hertsblue

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 18 August 2014, 11:22:49 PM

A great place to discuss things and people are willing to accept idiosyncrasies. I'm a case in point, been here for a while and no one has asked me to leave yet  :D (usual response unfortunately to my inanities).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

As my old boss used to say, "English, Irish and Rubbish spoken here."
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.