Pendraken teaming up with Total Battle Miniatures!

Started by Leon, 06 May 2014, 03:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 26 March 2015, 01:20:29 PM
With TBM having just released a stupendous range of 100 Days Campaign Buildings in 6mm I looked to see if anyone going to SALUTE was stocking them. I couldn't find anyone. Like many members of this forum I use 6mm buildings to go with my 10mm Penraken figures, and I am always looking for new terrain to fill those odd gaps. I would love to get the four new churches in this range, and the Gemioncourt farm, just for starters.  I would be surprised if I were the only one!   Any chance you will think about stocking these for SALUTE?

No plans to stock them full time, as I'm hoping to persuade TBM to maybe scale these up for 10mm as well...

However, I've got a stock order coming from TBM soon, so I could ask them to send us whatever pieces you wanted, and then you could collect from our stand at Salute?  Would that work?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

Quote from: mollinary on 26 March 2015, 01:20:29 PM
With TBM having just released a stupendous range of 100 Days Campaign Buildings in 6mm I looked to see if anyone going to SALUTE was stocking them. I couldn't find anyone. Like many members of this forum I use 6mm buildings to go with my 10mm Penraken figures, and I am always looking for new terrain to fill those odd gaps. I would love to get the four new churches in this range, and the Gemioncourt farm, just for starters.  I would be surprised if I were the only one!   Any chance you will think about stocking these for SALUTE?

Their homepage quotes a May 2015 date for these. A release date? Too late for Salute?
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 27 March 2015, 12:44:13 AM
Their homepage quotes a May 2015 date for these. A release date? Too late for Salute?

They're already available, just released this week: http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/bigbattalions/6mm/100days.html

And the TMP story: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=332552779

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 27 March 2015, 01:15:50 AM
They're already available, just released this week: http://www.totalbattleminiatures.com/bigbattalions/6mm/100days.html

And the TMP story: http://theminiaturespage.com/news/?id=332552779

They are excellent little models, but am I alone in thinking the prices a little steep for unpainted items compared to, say, Leven?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

cbr3d.com

27 March 2015, 12:31:54 PM #36 Last Edit: 27 March 2015, 01:23:06 PM by Fig.ht
Here is hoping they will do the range in 10mm as well as 6mm.  I wonder what the numbers would be to convince them it was worthwhile?  Perhaps if TBM let us know then we could see how many members here would be willing to pre-order them.  Just a thought.   :-\

Westmarcher

I must say I am quite taken by the 'shrunken footprint' approach. Yes, the result is somewhat of a caricature of the actual building but the result is very plausible and attractive.
Will I buy them in 6mm? I don't know yet. This is because I'm currently pondering over whether or not I should convert all of my terrain to one scale - 10mm (currently I have 6mm terrain for my 10mm minis and 15mm for my 15mm minis). Additionally, if TBM introduce 10mm versions, what will the price be then? What are the price differentials between each scale for what is essentially the same building? In any event, whilst this has only made my decision harder (in a good way), bottom line is these releases have caught my attention and are very welcome. I eagerly await further developments. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mollinary

Quote from: Hertsblue on 27 March 2015, 12:28:35 PM
They are excellent little models, but am I alone in thinking the prices a little steep for unpainted items compared to, say, Leven?

Difficult to say, but I don't think so. Both produce lovely models. But comparing like with like (Papelotte farm, Mont St Jean Farm, Hougoumont) TTB are all cheaper, in the latter case half the price.  But then they are modelled on a rather different concept, and have a substantially reduced footprint, so you get less resin. I hope there is a market for both makers, because they both offer tremendous value for money (I think so, anyway!  :D)

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

getagrip

Quote from: mollinary on 27 March 2015, 05:18:39 PM
Difficult to say, but I don't think so. Both produce lovely models. But comparing like with like (Papelotte farm, Mont St Jean Farm, Hougoumont) TTB are all cheaper, in the latter case half the price.  But then they are modelled on a rather different concept, and have a substantially reduced footprint, so you get less resin. I hope there is a market for both makers, because they both offer tremendous value for money (I think so, anyway!  :D)

Mollinary

Agree completely.  Happy to pay more for quality ;)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.