10mm Playtest of Skirmish Rules, Normandy 1944

Started by bigjackmac, 03 May 2014, 12:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

I'm playtesting the new rules "Some Corner of a Foreign Field," for Matt, AKA Invented Regiment.  The rules are specifically written for moderns, so I regret to say I used them with WWII forces due to the lack of having stuff ready that made sense for these rules (I really wish my Vietnam stuff was finished, or that I had singly based some Brit, US, or French modern forces to face off against my terrorists).  In any case, I got two games in, and they were a lot of fun, despite getting my butt kicked in the second one (will post later).

Here's an overview of the board, somewhere in the British sector, Normandy, July 1944, north is 'up.'  A Brit reinforced squad is conducting a combat patrol to locate and destroy the German machine-gun position at top right.  The Germans have a couple pickets just east of the crossroads, and a couple more southeast of the crossroads.

Brit start positions, with Bren group at top left and Rifle Group on the road moving east.

It gets quite hot at the crossroads...

And the Bren Group gets cut to pieces by the MG-42...

But the good Sergeant (far right, with a ton of 'stress') is able to push the issue and force the Germans to quit the field.

For the rest of the write up and a lot more pics, please visit the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/05/playtest-2-for-some-corner-of-foreign.html

Stay tuned for another one!

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner