Toxicpixies various motley assortment.

Started by toxicpixie, 30 April 2014, 04:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Cheers chaps :)

The Faceache links have several more piccies, if you hadn't clicked through and don't mind looking at them there!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

toxicpixie

Also, since initial set up of the thread it's been hit by the dreaded apostrophe in the title issue!

Can a mod edit that out if possible, please?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great work, nice reference!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Cheers again, all :)

And yes, they don't they. Love the flags!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

d_Guy

@#%$$#!  Wacked by the apostrophe yet again!

Nice work, Pixie! (I would +1 Leman but did not want to give the impression I actually understood his complement.  :))
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

Bee's Knee's - top banana! Look the business.

Cheers :)

A kind mod seems to have stripped the apostrophe out the title, but for some reason the reply to puts it back in >_<

toxicpixie

I'd promised Leon I'd put these up on the forum and forgot totally! Some French colonials off to fight anywhere around the globe!

Assuming my ability to do the tags on the phone is on the ball :D

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1987783091471485&id=1375731686009965&set=a.1689488814634249.1073741859.1375731686009965&source=54&ref=bookmarks

d_Guy

Really excellent, Pixie! I really like the dapple greys and the Piedmontese infantry with the anti-tank rifle*

* OK its not an ATR but a standard bearer, but I liked my first take on it.

REMEMBER THE APOSTROPHE
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Looking very nice, Nathan.  :)

Cheers - Phil.

toxicpixie

Cheers chaps!

Bill, it's a pole charge for dealing with Austrian armour ;) I converted them then ofc bought an army pack with real standard bearers!

The " dapple greys" are a thin bodge of white over a black undercoat, so it's not quite patchy but comes up as grey-white-ish. I could have painted them from the period  photos in black and white but I'm fairly certain the c19th was actually in colour in real life :D

Shedman

They are outstanding and they are all mine!!!!

Nathan excelled himself on this commission - Spahis, Chasseurs d Afrique, Foreign Legion and Line Infantry - all beautifully painted

Whilst basing them up I realised that the troops are for the July Monarchy / 2nd Republic period when Eagles were not a la mode so I had to snip them  from the flag poles

Alan

toxicpixie

I spent seconds, literally seconds dry brushing those eagles! I feel hurt and betrayed, Alan :D

Thanks for the kind words :)