Started by toxicpixie, 30 April 2014, 04:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DFlynSqrl

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Isn't the obvious enemy, after the Duke's shaming for his involvement in the '38, the forces of the Dukedom of Weaseltown?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Weselton, not weasel! That's tantamount for a war!

Yes, it is - I've got more of the Bacchus ACW in short coats and kepi so I think it'll be them in red coats and dark grey trousers with, Erm, what colour kepi? As tomorrow is Saturday I suspect I'll get some more "research" in...

The aim is Bloody Big Battles at the @500 men per stand level, so Arendelle will have the Royal Guards Brigade of two three stand plus skirmisher stand Regiments (three 500 man battalions plus two companies of the light infantry battalion each) and a gun battery. There's a second stand of skirmishing zouves as well for later periods for each.

Plus the three stand cavalry regiment, with their exciting plumed helmets.

There's then a planned "regular" brigade which is likely the same, two units of four stands incl one skirmisher stand, then a single unit for the Landwehr, likely six plus a skirmish stand and one artillery battery between the lot. Six manouvre units, two guns, probably two commanders.

Given that senior-ish officers were probably involved in mistakenly backing the coup in "38 I suspect the early incarnation of the army is Passive over fear of jumping to disaster but the Royal Guard likely Aggressive as they seem VERY happy to put the boot in once ordered. Regulars as regulars, Landwehr as Raw. Muzzle loading rifles for all, including the arty (just theirs are bigger :D), possibly with muskets for the Landwehr or smooth bores for the second arty battery at least initially. Moving n the usual c19th way through smooth to rifled to breech loaders to repeaters in alarmingly expensively quick time over the period :)

Might lose Passive and Raw go to Regular post experience in the Crimean War and the 1859 "War of Weaseltonian Succession" emboldens and seasons them. As Lord Palmerston said, "Only three men alive understand the question of Weaseltn Succession, one is a reindeer from Arendelle and doesn't speak, one is a melted snowman and the other is me, and I have quite forgotten, oh the drinks have arrived, marvellous, what were we talking about?".
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

toxicpixie

Okay, couple of photo's of the "ragged rabble rising" now up, the 3rd (Landwehr) Brigade of the Army of Arendelle. In BBB terms, probably 6 Raw MLR, with good dice or perhaps A to reflect their fired up "protecting our homes" tenaciousness. Passive still in the '59 War of Weaseltonian Succession (WWS), and perhaps replaced by more regular troops later in the century as Europe rumbles into the unsettled and chaotic times leading WW1.

https://www.facebook.com/jtppainting/photos/a.1758853604364436.1073741865.1375731686009965/1760430224206774/?type=3&theater

Techno

toxicpixie

Bit over exposed, sadly - perils of having actual nice weather outside :D

Ryman

Nice, real militia feel to it  8)
These can't be the figs I put in the post last week, surely?
If so, you're a fast worker.

Cheers

Ry

toxicpixie

They are, yes! I'm slipping them in around a couple of larger commissions. Fortunately 6mm and not needing to check any uniform sources is quick :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Cheers Will :)

As a "personal project", without needing any research or faff, with simple black undercoat > block colour > looks fine at gaming distance painting, and on strips of the same/very similar figure they are astonishingly quick to paint :)

That said as with most anything these days they're potentially up for grabs, but I suspect 6mm prices actually work out a bit expensive unless it's something you really want!

toxicpixie

Rising from the dead, ten stories high, my painting thread! My painting thread!

And Godzuki.

*ahem*

Two galleries of Pendraken LoA from odds and spares - Bavarians are done and done, Savoyards need flags and dull cote. No one has commented yet, but I'll see if the observant spot the deliverate mistooks on the Dragoons.

Thanks to d_guy for many spares, Sandinista for flags, B&Q for shade tone.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/jtppainting/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1927109790872149

https://www.facebook.com/pg/jtppainting/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1925095644406897

petercooman