Toxicpixies various motley assortment.

Started by toxicpixie, 30 April 2014, 04:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

30 April 2014, 04:01:52 PM Last Edit: 13 March 2018, 01:22:19 PM by Leon
Well, as I'm painting a fair bit of Pendraken these days, I figured I should probably pop up a thread for my various bits, bobs and doodads. Some of it's paid for work, so apologies if that offends :D If it doesn't, do you want some figures painted to a decent gaming standard in decent timescale :D (see my sig for details)

Anyway, enough of that, onto some mini's!

As usual for wargamers I suffer from attention deficit disorder with projects, and never enough figures disease, so I've been trying to finish up and finish off various armies and periods mostly without success. On the go at the moment I have -

1/ bits and bobs for War of the Spanish Succession/ League of Augsberg era French. Almost done, just some lovely LoA dismounted Dragoons and extra artillery to do.

2/ C16th Turks bought for me as a birthday pressie, actually for use with the above to stand in as @turn of the C18th Ottomans. Made a start, got some Janissaries mostly done and finished the screaming hordes of Tartar auxiliaries.

3/ Ever ongoing AVBCW. Currently at four factions done (mostly, honest), and a fifth languishing in undercoat. Recently did some of the nice 25pdrs so will get piccy of them up, and also did a commision for the Solihull Boys Brigade for a club mate (the SoBBs).

4/ "Seasonal Fae Realm" fantasy. Basically, should be a four part project but only got one up and running - the Winter Kings Host, all done and dusted, all very snowy themed. Part way through the Spring Court Warband - kind of Barbarian/celtic-y, bright greens and yellows, woad and chariots etc. Summer should be a "classic" High Fantasy Faerie mob with shining knights and elves and hobbits, Autumn is to be a "Fall of the West" style semi-Arthurian fading abck to barbarism but a last shining beacon sort of thing.

5/ ACW. We did a big Gettysburg game @5 years ago which I was painting a Brigade of Confederates for. I finished the first lot a month ago... they may have taken a long while to inspire me! Decided to do a "quick and dirty" approach, kind of inspired by Nick H's fast paints. Now got two units done, and that's likely to be all for the moment until the next in the list is done -

6/ Recently ordered "bath tub" Italian Wars. Going for a "small scale" extra project, at minimal cost and table foot print. So, sixteen man pike bases on a 40*40mm base, up to 8-10-12 units max per side, using Pike & Shotte in cm's.

Pic's in next post!

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

toxicpixie

So, a shot of 1/ -

And a shot of 2/

There's more of those to come - I have Janissaries, Akinji's, Siphahi's, more muskets and arty, with the arty and Janissaries already primed and in process - any one for WIPs?

Now, is there anything people want to see more of... there's loads of piccies (incl. *gasp* non-Pendraken stuff, shush) on my Facebook painting page, but I've more of the personal stuff etc on the phone :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Techno

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

burnaby64

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Cheers all :) Will bang up a piccy or two tomorrow of the newly done Zouves, I think.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

FierceKitty

Looking pretty good so far, Son of the Prophet!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

And the finished article, aside from a spray of Matt varnish. They're done in a quick and easy fashion but one that isn't overdone, garish or too simplistic (he says hopefully!) - the army was a pressie for my 40th, and whilst I don't want them to look dashed off and rushed, I do actually want to get them done and on the table!

As usual, there's a couple more shots on the FaceBlarg gallery.

Subedai

Mustapha look at your Face Blarg thingy.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!