10mm bears

Started by Pockets, 17 July 2010, 09:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

The clue is in Gandalfs earlir remark "...look for me at dawn of the 5th(?) day....." They hit the pikes just after the sun has appeared over the hill and temporarily blinded them. That my interpretaion.

:)

toxicpixie

It a bit more than dazzled a bit, and that doesn't account for the lack of injuries from the slope and impact ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Gandalf's diary:
To do:
Monday, releave Helm's Deep
Tuesday, organise horse meat barbecue.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Is he working for Tesco now?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

It would explain how the secure labelling trail got so mixed up! I can imagine the board meeting with the Meat Standards people.

. "And how did meat clearly labeled 'horse' change to lasagne labeled 'beef' whilst in your factory, mr tesco?"

"Errr, a wizard did it?!"
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Dunnadd

Quote from: Rob on 25 January 2015, 12:40:06 PM
The clue is in Gandalfs earlir remark "...look for me at dawn of the 5th(?) day....." They hit the pikes just after the sun has appeared over the hill and temporarily blinded them. That my interpretaion.

Interesting. Does he say that in the film or only in the book?

Maenoferren

Quote from: Rob on 25 January 2015, 12:40:06 PM

That hill is pretty high, therefore dawn in Rohan is very late in the day.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Rob

Quote from: Dunnadd on 25 January 2015, 07:21:38 PM
Interesting. Does he say that in the film or only in the book?
The film.

He says it when he leaves Aragorn and the others as they evacuate the Rohan capital, and Aragorn remembers it in the Great Hall at Helms Deep just before he suggests they ride out.

The hill is too steep to charge down and I put that down it down to the director making it as spectacular as he can. I know of no film ever made with battles portrayed that I could not criticise in some way. In this film it annoys me that they grow Urakai in pods! And the Rohan charge at the next battle to save Gondor must be by fully 250,000 cavalry, where as there were only 10,000 earlier when they left for Gondor.

And why is it every one on a castle wall shot by a bow or crossbow has to dive off the wall instead of sinking to the floor or being knocked back with the impact.  :)

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Rob

Every one a coconut  ;D =O

Dunnadd

QuoteIn this film it annoys me that they grow Urakai in pods!

yeah - that annoyed me too

toxicpixie

Movies in 15 minutes does a good parody of Lotr - amongst others!

Sadly on the book not Lj version so needs buying - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cut-Movies-Fifteen-Minutes-Gollancz/dp/0575079894/

Duke Speedy of Leighton

toxicpixie

Sweeeeet :D

So, armoured bears, when-when-when?!