WW1 14" rail gun

Started by Dave, 25 April 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I couldn't resist painting one :D - well black undercoat, what colour where they? grey or artillery green and which valero colours?

Dave

fred.

From a quick google - its almost what ever you fancy, plain in green or grey would work.

Also two tone disruptive patterns

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Hertsblue

This I must see! Although, from a wargaming point of view it's a bit of a white elephant since, to get the scale range right, it has to be positioned at the other end of the street.  :'( :'( :'(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Dave

Quote from: Hertsblue on 26 April 2014, 10:08:12 AM
This I must see! Although, from a wargaming point of view it's a bit of a white elephant since, to get the scale range right, it has to be positioned at the other end of the street.  :'( :'( :'(

you can use it has a bombing mission with the AA guns protecting it ;)

Dave

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Heedless Horseman

WW1 'special forces' op? Never heard of one...apart from Lawrence, of course...(and Zeebrugge?). Entry/extraction far too difficult and much easier to bomb/shell anyway...if target located.
Still, could be different! Sneaky infantry unit...or pinpoint push with Whippets...or cavalry!!!   ;)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

burnaby64

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 26 April 2014, 09:51:10 PM
WW1 'special forces' op? Never heard of one...apart from Lawrence, of course...(and Zeebrugge?). Entry/extraction far too difficult and much easier to bomb/shell anyway...if target located.
Still, could be different! Sneaky infantry unit...or pinpoint push with Whippets...or cavalry!!!   ;)

Brilliant suggestion! Wing Commander Brock could be there with all manner of infernal devices stemming from the family's day job :)