Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Welcome, and don't STAND STILL......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hertsblue

Is that on the basis of "if it moves, salute it; if it doesn't, paint it white"?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

smokie gunner

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 25 April 2014, 10:57:20 AM
As we say in the Netherlands:
'Neatness is for the dumb, the genius masters the chaos'  :d
(but then in Dutch of course!)

Cheers,
Rob

Love that quote, Rob.  I'm definitely going to use that one.  My whole work area is a disaster but I know where anything and everything is.  I once had a colleague ask where a certain file was, went to my desk and produced it from the bottom of a stack, one of at least six, about 4 inches (100mm) deep and covered with other sundry items, and had it in their hands within 4 seconds!   :>
Don't ask me to remember the name of somebody I just met though - mind's like a steel sieve!  :-/

My Mom's maiden name is Huycke, which I'm told is from Friesland.  The family immigrated to New Amsterdam in about the 1620's.
Got any green cheese?

Cheers,
Rob  :D

Last Hussar

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 25 April 2014, 01:04:27 PM
I once had a boss who had the tidiest desk I'd ever seen. Could not work with him!!

My bosses desk is empty.  I regularly receive reminders about the "Clear desk pollicy", I've had to lose the out tray, as I'm only allowed 2 (In and filing)
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Maenoferren

you have just explained the reason for scale creep!
small figures couldnt be seen, so they kept making them bigger to help find them
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Last Hussar on 07 May 2014, 09:49:02 PM
My bosses desk is empty.  I regularly receive reminders about the "Clear desk pollicy", I've had to lose the out tray, as I'm only allowed 2 (In and filing)

I once knew an insurance broker who had three trays on his desk labelled "In", "Out" and "To Hell With It".
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Long, long ago, in a career far, far away, one of my bosses had three Out Trays labelled "Solved by Me", "Solved by Others" and "Solved by Time." The latter containing slightly more than either of the others.

"Solved by Me" were things he had to deal with.

"Solved by Others" were things to be passed for action to someone else.

"Solved by Time" were the things that if he left in that tray would never be asked about again. Every so often he took the bottom half of the stack and shredded it. 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Quote from: Hertsblue on 08 May 2014, 08:08:49 AM
I once knew an insurance broker who had three trays on his desk labelled "In", "Out" and "To Hell With It".

A former colleague had five trays

Urgent
Very urgent
Extremely urgent
Incredibly urgent
Unbelievably urgent

They still get the point that he was overloaded  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!