28mm Milanese Army

Started by Leman, 21 April 2014, 07:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Go for it. The 10mm ones are really nice figures, although personally I think the late medieval knights make much better gendarmes unless you plan to fight post- 1550.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

You rate the LAN codes then?

I'm always a bit put off by no piccies, and from what I can google it looked like the LAN pike code was a single pose. Quite a nice one, but a single pose nonetheless!

Any suggestions from the gallery for other codes to mix in with the Landsknechts proper? Or if they're multiple poses... 
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

ELM 1 mtd. knights on barded horses - 3 poses
ELM 9 pikemen are fully armoured with kneeling front rank and standing rear rank
ELM 23 mtd crossbow - useful figure for Italians, French or Swiss
ELM 28 mtd knights on unbarded horses - 3 poses and really nice figures - suitable for up to Pavia
ELM 38 mtd generals are two different armoured figures
ER 10 European pikeman - 2 or 3 poses and excellent for French, Italian, Spanish
EL 10 Stradiot - perfectly useable for early C16th as well.

Certainly is plenty of stuff in there for replicating most troop types of the Italian Wars.

fred.

LAN pikes are 2 poses, one in slashed clothing and floppy hat, the other is in what looks like mail, with a sort of fez style hat.

This pike block has lots of LAN code pikes in the middle ranks. Front rank are armoured pikes.
The ones in Morions are from the Elizabethan range, the ones in 'flat caps' crop up in a couple of packs - including the medieval pikes.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

Remembered I had a bare metal photo of LAN1 pikes

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Brilliant, nice one both of you :)

I shall be ordering positively soon!

Fred - that's five wide by seven deep on... A 40mm by 60mm base? Looks spot on, exactly what I was hoping to come up with :D

I might go  five by five though for normal sized units and do a larger base size for large ones (as I think I'll be using Pike & Shotte, or possibly Impetus...).
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fred.

Glad to help

Yes it's 40x60mm base. It's a good block of figures, your count sounds about right, by going with a single bigger base it allows a bit more flexibility on ranking up

kev1964

Excellent painting, great looking army,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Seconded !!
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

Yes, you can't beat 28 mm for detail. And those are beautifully painted, DP.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

First Swiss halberdiers now ready for basing.

Also remembered I had recently completed the first T unit of Milanese arquebusiers (The Assault Group). They are quite sombre as I want them to double up as the Black Band.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Brilliant !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

Love the Swiss guy with the beard, I've a mate looks just like that :D

FierceKitty

Sp does my sister's NYM (Nice Young Man...actually, he's 55).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.