Some new vehicle masters for everyone (and fsn...!)

Started by Leon, 20 April 2014, 12:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Mart dropped this lot off at Salute, so I grabbed some pics of them today for everyone.  In this batch we're pleased to announce that we've now got the often requested Chaffee!  This one started production in 1944 and is still in use in some countries around the world.  With nearly 5000 in production, it's a handy tank for a variety of conflicts, including WWII, Korea and Indo-China.

The next two should please at least one member of the Forum, like the cherry on the Pendraken cake, we've got some more Centurions!  

First up is the Sho't (or Sho't Kal) was the Israeli name for the 105mm Centurion, used in both the Six Day and Yom Kippur Wars.  100 of these successfully halted the advance of 500 Syrian T-55's and T-62's at the Valley of Tears.  

Next up is the Centurion AVRE, complete with 165mm gun and fascine!  This one could fire a 60lb HESH round, used for breaching obstacles, and was widely used during the Gulf War.

We've got a load of stuff in the master mould queue at the moment, so the release for these will be a few months away I'd think.

M24 Chaffee:

Centurion Sho't (with thermal sleeve barrel as well):

Centurion AVRE (with turret facing backward!):

We hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

What the hell do we want Centurions for?  Who would buy those?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Sandinista

"pleased to announce that we've not got the often requested Chaffee!" are you sure?

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 03 June 2014, 06:59:01 PM
"pleased to announce that we've not got the often requested Chaffee!" are you sure?

Should've been a 'now' not a 'not'!  I've edited it not...  ;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

I'm so happy!

:D :D :D :D

I'm certainly having a couple of those AVRE's, and feel myself weakening on the 1973 Arab/Israeli.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Last Hussar

Isn't the first one actually the Sherman commanded by Telly Savalas?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 20 April 2014, 12:36:29 AM
Mart dropped this lot off at Salute, so I grabbed some pics of them today for everyone.  In this batch we're pleased to announce that we've now got the often requested Chaffee!  This one started production in 1944 and is still in use in some countries around the world.  With nearly 5000 in production, it's a handy tank for a variety of conflicts, including WWII, Korea and Indo-China.

M24 Chaffee:

Is it just me, or does my turret look big in this?    I'll get my coat!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Chad

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

For 67 need Easy 8's and Isherman turrets....

ians
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Hertsblue

Gawd, want, want, want. You've got Centurions, M48s, T54/55s, and loads of WW2 kit that would fit. Enough to be going on with while you're waiting for the infantry......  =)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net