10mm Modern 'What If' Spec Ops Batrep

Started by bigjackmac, 13 April 2014, 01:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

After spitting $108 USD out my ass for a new modem, here's my latest batrep.  You're welcome ;)

Situation: A meeting is set to occur at 1000 local time between Joint/Combined Special Operations Group (JCSOG) Intelligence Officers and their asset.  The plan is to establish contact at a local open air cafe then move via automobile to a secure location to collect the asset's information.  JCSOG expects the asset to provide information regarding a terrorist weapons cache to be used in an upcoming attack.

Mission: JCSOG is assigned as security for the intelligence collection, with all four teams in support.  Team 1 is being split: two Tm1 men infiltrated the area overnight to perform 'green-side' reconnaissance and surveillance (R&S), while the other two Tm1 men will drive/provide security for Sparky and Slick in a locally procured automobile.  All four Tm4 members infiltrated the local area on foot (in civilian attire, weapons concealed) and took up positions near the initial contact point not later than 0945.  Teams 2 and 3 are on standby at a local airfield as the Quick Reaction Force (QRF) in two MH-60 Blackhawks.  The two IOs will establish contact with the asset, get him to their automobile, and drive him to a nearby safehouse for debriefing.  As they exfiltrate the area Tm4 and the two 'green-side' R&S men from Tm1 will collapse back to the QRF location.  Due to the area being highly populated by indigenous locals, there will be no supporting fires available.

Overview of the board (3' x 2'), with bad guy 'hotspots' (1-6), buildings, bridges, Hill 25, and Initial Contact Point (ICP) labelled.  North is up.

The team assigned to contact and secure the asset using the locally procured auto, with (clockwise from top left) Hammer, Thistle, Sparky, and Slick.

Approaching the auto bridge, a red auto darts ahead of Hammer's vehicle (you can see Scorecard in the bushes).

As soon as the red auto hit the breaks and pops the door, Hammer is doing the same, shouting an order to dismount and engage as four terrorists exit the red auto.

To see how it turned out (with about 45 more pics), please visit the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/04/reliant-staircase-kuantan-malaysia.html

Stay tuned, there's more to come.

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Great fun, Jack !
I'll return for another read when this slow old machine decides to play nicely.
Cheers - Phil.

ronan

You had a good game, Jack !
Thanks fo sharing.

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner