Pendraken now stocking painted buildings from Escenografia Epsilon!

Started by Leon, 11 April 2014, 04:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Hello Oscar, and welcome to the forum.

I'm with Fenton. Any chance of getting them unpainted?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

epsilonws

Thanks for yours post, i'm happy to write here.  :) I'm sorry, but all the products in epsilon are painted. I think that the final product is great, but if you want a better quality in the buliding, you could add details.

FierceKitty

Some 6mm buildings suitable for the ancient world, and for China and India, would find an eager buyer here.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 19 April 2014, 08:25:10 AM
I'm afraid I won't buy painted.

I assume this is because you want to paint them to fit in with your existing buildings?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

I prefer pre-painted terrain pieces, if the price isn't too steep.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of some huts and a windmill!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 19 April 2014, 09:52:38 AM
I prefer pre-painted terrain pieces, if the price isn't too steep.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of some huts and a windmill!

Leven make some nifty mills in 6mm - or are you a 10mm terrain fan?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 April 2014, 10:06:43 AM
Leven make some nifty mills in 6mm - or are you a 10mm terrain fan?

I've always used buildings scaled to the figures, though I understand why some people prefer building slightly smaller in scale. Old dog, new tricks etc.

The Leven models are beautiful though, as are the Mura Japanese ones. I'm hoping the Leven Roman gateway that's in the "stuff I'm working on" bit of the site means that by the time I'm on to painting my 6mm Late Romans and Sassanids he will have a range of suitable buildings for me! To be fair, given how slowly I paint these days, he has plenty of time  =)

I've been twiddling away at a set of Sengoku Jidai era rules for several years now. If I ever get them to a state I'm happy with, my intention is to use Mura buildings and Baccus figures. Currently planning on one 60mm x 60mm stand per unit. Inspired by Total Battle Miniatures I like the idea of town/ village bases with slots to take a variety of buildings and terrain items. By basing terrain on 60mm square bases it would be possible to represent troops occupying terrain by swapping the building base for the troop one. All vapourware at the moment and possibly always will be but, as the song says, "You gotta have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true?"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

How do they scale next to the pendraken ruins? And if anybody knows next to the pegasus hobbies pre paints?

Leon

Quote from: petercooman on 21 April 2014, 09:05:09 PM
How do they scale next to the pendraken ruins? And if anybody knows next to the pegasus hobbies pre paints?

They would be smaller than our PS1-PS4 ruined buliding codes, as those are quite big for 10mm.  The idea was that you can get your bases inside the ruined buildings, so they needed to be bigger than the closed buildings.  The Epsilon ones match nicely with our bunkers and the Russian houses, codes PS39-PS42.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

epsilonws

Two news packs are ready for cast the next week. Three buildings for japan (Samurais)  and three for polland (IIWW). I hope you like.

Ithoriel

These look very nice. I particularly like the Japanese ones, though I have more use for the Polish ones!

Hertsblue

Hi Epsilonws. Welcome to the forum.

Churches, especially eastern churches, are always tricky to get hold of in 10mm. Every village had one.  :) 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net