Wargame-model-mods - MDF buidlings - Also stocked by minibits

Started by Wargame Model Mods, 10 April 2014, 06:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargame Model Mods

Two new buildings, Troop Garrisons, Necron and Human Styles

Top barricades are removable to allow access to the interior. Can be used as two separate Buildings

All windows and doors can be open or closed

Comes with Optional ladders and elevator

Dimensions are
wide 200mm
depth 200mm
height 120mm

Wargame Model Mods

First off my stencils i showed a few months ago have been finalised

Here they are.

There are 23 in a variety of designs and sizes, these are designs to be used on my buildings, flat surface and large wargame models

retail will be £2.50 and and packs of four for £9

There are plans for more to come and i would be happy to add requests to them as well

Another launch this week is a storage system i have been using myself for a while

There are three sized trays, full size, half and quarter and three heights 40mm 55mm and 70mm, with plans to add tank storage trays 10cm-15cms

Each box has a tray inserted into it with holes cut out, and in these holes you stand your troops.

A lid can be placed over the box. It fits around it like a lid does on a shoe box. The lid also allows you to stack another box on top of it and the next box again fits in the lid so it is unable to slide around.

Currently there are inserts for round and square 20mm 25mm 40mm 60mm and bikes/cavalry and inserts for each size box. Two inserts from a half size will fit into a full size box so two different sized bases can be stored in the same box or even 4 by using the quarter sized inserts

Full size box measures 295 x 405. Stores 120 25mm based models
Half size box measures 295 x 202.5. Stores 60 25mm based models
Quarter size box measures 147.5 x 202.5. Stores 24 25mm based models

the box's stacks on top of each other using the lids and same as the inserts you can stack two half size on top of a full size box etc.

Custom cut inserts will be available so you can customise the trays you your needs and I would take requests for other popular sizes being made into trays

fred.

Storage boxes look interesting - what prices are they, I couldn't see them on the web store.

Would a shorter height be practical, for 10mm figures?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wargame Model Mods

05 July 2014, 12:08:06 PM #18 Last Edit: 05 July 2014, 12:18:06 PM by Wargame Model Mods
Quote from: fred    12df on 05 July 2014, 08:37:57 AM
Storage boxes look interesting - what prices are they, I couldn't see them on the web store.

Would a shorter height be practical, for 10mm figures?

hello

they are getting listed on the site today.

18.99 for a large one including uk post.

The smaller sized boxes (1/2 and ¼) are yet to be finalised

Do you think a shorter one would be better?

i can add one at 25mm tall or smaller
i am also open to suggestion for different size bases for the inserts

fred.

I've just checked and the half height box files that I quite like for 10mm figures are 4cm tall - which is what you have for your smallest height.

I have to say that price looks quite high to me compared to box files or Really Useful boxes, sorry.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wargame Model Mods

Quote from: fred    12df on 05 July 2014, 02:05:03 PM
I've just checked and the half height box files that I quite like for 10mm figures are 4cm tall - which is what you have for your smallest height.

I have to say that price looks quite high to me compared to box files or Really Useful boxes, sorry.

i hadn't thought to compare price against them, i was just looking at kr multigase and gw cases

Wargame Model Mods

been a busy week here,

We have a new paint rack in a landscape format for Vallejo paint / war paints

The storage boxes launched last week now all include magnetic sheet at the bottom that sits under the insert

The Eldar themed watch towers have been re-designed, they are the same size, feature more details and you now get an extra one in the packs

Two large new launches this week were city fight tables

They have a 4ft by 3ft (120cmx90cm) base board in that comes in 12 sections
3 roads each consist of four sections and covers the length of the board, two can be placed on raised supports or can be used on the ground, the supports can then be used as extra terrain pieces

6 large buildings and loads of scatter terrain such as spirit towers, walls and barricades for cover and to block line of sight

The cities can be arranged around the roads with large spaces for several vehicles to move around in alternatively the roads can play a very minimum to no role in the city with the buildings being very close together limiting the space for vehicles and adding a more tactical aspect to them

Again comes with a 4ft by 3ft (120cmx90cm) base board, that comes in 12 sections

24 road sections. 16 straight 4 corner 2 t junction and 2 cross roads
8 sections in a straight line will cover 4 foot and 6 will cover 3 foot

5x three storey buildings
5x two storey buildings
5x one storey buildings
2x small bunkers
2x large one storey gothic style buildings
Numerous shutter grates and planks to cover windows to reduce line of sight
Instructions

The buildings are built in a standard pattern that can be placed together to create larger buildings, they can be stacked to increase the height of the game. The buildings can be glued together in these extended patterns or left free so the setup of the buildings can be different for every game. (see photos for example)

The cities can be arranged around the roads with large spaces for several vehicles to move around in alternatively the roads can play a very minimum to no role in the city with the buildings being very close together limiting the space for vehicles and adding a more tactical aspect to them

With the stutters/grates in place buildings can provide a place for troops to completely hide in waiting to ambush, protecting a key character or they can move higher up in the buildings granting great but exposed firing places.

toxicpixie

Nothing to do with the above (which all look very tasty btw!), but a friend at the club bought a set of your 10mm town houses for our AVBCW campaign - they're very nice pieces of kit! They've come up lovely :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Wargame Model Mods

Quote from: toxicpixie on 12 July 2014, 08:14:00 PM
Nothing to do with the above (which all look very tasty btw!), but a friend at the club bought a set of your 10mm town houses for our AVBCW campaign - they're very nice pieces of kit! They've come up lovely :)

Wow Great to hear, thank you for letting me know =)

toxicpixie

Pleasure - nice models, well sized, painted up lovely and a good price for a foot of urban terrain :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Wargame Model Mods

18 July 2014, 09:46:36 PM #25 Last Edit: 18 July 2014, 09:48:14 PM by Wargame Model Mods
A Treat for all you 10mm players this week

Start of my 10mm revamp and expansion is here.

Some small 10mm houses, either brick or stone, and with etched or cut out window.

They will be available individually or in sets.

The measure Dimensions

52mm high (54 with base)
48mm long (53 with base)
35mm deep (40 with base)

In the coming week(S) we shall also see some three storey houses, pubs and shops and war damaged versions of them

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice.
How practical would chimneys as a block to add to the roof be?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wargame Model Mods

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 July 2014, 09:51:15 PM
Very nice.
How practical would chimneys as a block to add to the roof be?

Two piece stuck back to back so etching was visible would be doable, would make it 4mm thick, it should look okay

Any more suggestions?

toxicpixie

Wargame Model Mods

Quote from: toxicpixie on 18 July 2014, 10:54:31 PM
Superb - I may hav to invest!

Thank you, I will have some chimneys designed and added to them before i put them up for sale

i will post pictures with chimneys on Monday and get the up for sale shortly after.