Modern USMC for the Desert in 3mm

Started by bigjackmac, 09 April 2014, 02:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Continuing with my 3mm project(s), I was able to finish up some more desert forces this weekend.  You've seen the dastardly bad guys, and a few Israelis, now let me introduce the United States Marine Corps.  Five M-1 Abrams, eight AAVs, four HMMWVs for a Combined Anti-Armor Team (CAAT), that is, two with HMGs and two with TOWs, and three LAVs.  If you look at previous posts you can see I've got a UH-1, two Cobras, and three CH-46s to go with them, and the infantry are (mostly) done as well.

I apologize as the pics aren't that great, but if you look (and can see) closely at the bottom left HMMWV you can see the TOW launcher is actually manned!

There's a few more pics over at the blog:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/04/3mm-desert-marines.html

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are great, loving the details Jack! As the aircraft modellers I know would say 'Braille Scale!'
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

bigjackmac

Thanks fellas!  They are small, and this "black-lining" painting method is killing me, but they do look decent.  I just need to get enough finished so that I can actually get a game in with them!

V/R,
Jack

Fenton

Keep on going  :D

My own personal preference for painting them is the ritterkrieg method
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

GordonY

Is that similar to the rythm method Fenton?

Fenton

Well you have to kinda do some  sort of tantric meditation before thinking about painting them

bigjackmac

What's the ritterkrieg method?

V/R,
Jack

Fenton

http://www3.telus.net/Ritterkrieg/paint.htm

Though I only use acrylics I dont bother putting them in the oven either

fsn

Yeah, and it can have a detrimental effect on your Airfix figures too.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

bigjackmac

Wow!  I perused the Ritterkrieg method.  Fenton, you do that on 3mm?  Undoubtedly those are some beautiful minis, but you guys are much more committed to beautiful minis than I am!  I want to play  ;)

V/R,
Jack

Fenton

Well I have changed the method a bit but the basics are the same

I spray white then put a very watered down version of the base colour let it all dry properly then put a black wash over the top ( I use an enamel wash as it seems to work better even over the acrylics) then a light drybrush if needed