Modern Skirmish Special Operations Project in 10mm

Started by bigjackmac, 06 April 2014, 11:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

So, my painting streak has continued, and I've been working on a big "Special Operations" project using individually based troops (10mm of course).  I've got some figuring to do still regarding the backstory/concept, but it goes something like this: a small but very financially powerful group of individuals are seeking to establish the "New World Order."  Following the worst day in human history, (most of) the nations of the world team together to combat this new threat, and part of these efforts is the was the standing up of a Joint Combined Special Operations Group, or JCSOG.

My primary plan is to follow one 17-man platoon of JCSOG on their missions to counter the bad guys across the globe.  Here's what I'll be using:

The concept is there is a Platoon Commander and four 4-man teams, which I did for temperate, desert, and urban.  I used Minifigs Special Forces for them.

Here are the three versions of Team 1.  Wasn't really sure what to do with the 'urban,' so I painted the bases gray and threw a wash on them.  Not the prettiest, but it works I guess.

Team 2's leader.  You can see the cammies, different colored flak jacket and deuce gear, and the desert version with the painted weapon.

Team 3's leader, who I think looks really cool.  Got a bandanna on, carrying a LAW (I put yellow strips on them to make them stand out).

Some transnational terrorists, using Minifigs Arab Insurgents.

Closeup of some bad guy paramilitaries, showing them wearing masks. These are Minifigs WarPact infantry.

Plenty of stuff to play with, now I just need to get them on the table.  I'm going to be playing 'true' skirmish, so one man is not just one man, but he activates and acts individually.  I've looked and looked but haven't really seen anything I like, so I'll be using some homegrown rules that will probably have some bumps as I get them figured out.

If you'd like to see about 50 more pics of the rest of the bad guys as well as some civvies, please visit the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-modern-skirmish-special-operations.html

V/R,
Jack