Next full Army to paint? The decision has been made.

Started by Bishop Lord, 01 April 2014, 07:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishop Lord

Back in January I was mulling over what would be the next full army I would collect and paint? Would I stick with my beloved Medieval period? Maybe something late like a Tudor army or an Italian Condotta army?There's a baggage train to be bought and painted.(hmm)
It would have to be something I could really get stuck into researching painting and modelling as the gaming side of things at the moment are on the quiet front. So I've decided to really try something new I decided to collect an Ancients army (!?).....now I've painted and played Ancients in the past, a little in 15mm but mainly in 6mm having collected, painted and gamed Early Imperial Romans, Seleucid and Parthians. So with this in mind and more than a little thought (maybe too much) over the last three months I've gone for a Late Roman Army. A period I know very little about so plenty of reading and research to be done on that front.
I decided to go for 10mm which is a scale I've never collected Ancients in, and I'm going with Pendraken as a manufacturer. The Phone order went in yesterday (yippee!!) so all there is to do now is wait for them to arrive. Im going to attempt to keep a painting and modelling diary on my Blog and posting on here to help keep me motivated and for those who would like a toot.  Having seen some of the really nice Pendraken Late Roman Armies out there I think I set myself quiet a task.
" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

An interesting army and beautiful figures - I look forward to seeing how you get on.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Good choice sir. One of my all time favourite armies (and the fault my MA is Roman Military History), Clibs sculpts are amazing!

Just got to base up another unit of Auxilia and will post pics in the next few data! :D

Try this site, updated this weekend: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/luke/ueda-sarson/NotitiaPatterns.html
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner