Thick base under houses?

Started by lentulus, 15 July 2010, 01:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lentulus

I've been looking at the images of the civil war buildings on flickr (for example http://www.flickr.com/photos/pendraken/4454726711/in/set-72157623548767739/ ) and notice that a couple seem to be on a substantial and rather unfinished plinth.  How do folks deal with them?  And how thick are they really?  I have my lads on 3mm bases anyway, so the thickness may not be an issue, but the plinths in the images look a  bit "raw". 

Above the plinth, the buildings look really nice.

Leon

The ACW buildings do have a larger base on them, I always think of them like the 'Wild West' buildings in the movies, stood higher with a walkway in front.

We are going to invest in some type of lathe to give the resin stuff a nicer finish.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

Are the plinths smaller for PS36-40? 

Leon

Yeah, much smaller.  On those ones, the bases are angled to blend into the ground.  We need to get some painted pics of the Resin added to the site really.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lentulus

If you could put a pic of PS36 on the request queue?  Painted or not, it would give me an idea.