School Wargames Club, need help chaps.

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 26 March 2014, 11:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: ianrs54 on 07 June 2014, 07:54:40 AM
Orcses is gyeen

IanS

Only Evil Empire orcses is green, Tolkein's orcses is various shades of dark human skin tones. I prefers the latter, personal like.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Squirrel

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 June 2014, 10:22:21 AM
Only Evil Empire orcses is green, Tolkein's orcses is various shades of dark human skin tones. I prefers the latter, personal like.

Agreed!

Cheers,

Kev

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Highlights of yesterday:
Barbarian skirmishers being run over by the Goblin War Pig...
Barbarian Mage suffering a catastrophic 'miscast' (they'll be picking bits of him up for WEEKS)!  :-&

The other Barbarian force taking a village in face of stiff Dwarf and Halfling opposition, one stand of Barbarian skirmish bows fought off a unit of Halflings armed with clubs and out shot the entire Dwarf army (to the point where the Dwarfs were retreating disordered)! :o 8-} Guess which unit just got a free upgrade to 'Elite' & 'Marksmen'? Will have to find a waay of differentiating them on table now!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Green would be more relevant to Elves, wouldn't it?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sixsideddice

oh dear......  I guess Ive been doing it wrong  ;)

.........  my Orcies tend to be blue-skins (like the Pathfinder ones)   ^^

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Only three kids in today for club (the rest are visiting their new schools).
High Elves, who did nowt all game but read a paper and write his shopping list (Blundered move orders too).
Dark Elves, who magic'ed away a unit of Barbarian's arrows!
Barbarians, in furious response, rolled a blunder, and despite the general ordering a move left, triple charged the Dark Elves with their whole army!
Five bloody turns of combat later, the Barbarians were slightly on top, but both sides had units pouring away from the fight shaken and disordered. A very even fight, many barbarian attack dice, with weak saves, vs stubborn Dark Elves with armour and not so many dice! Classic match up, the boys and girl loved it!
Both sides lost their skirmishers. Dark Elf crossbowmen fought off elite barbarian bows and then succumbed to a Buffalo Charge (7 wounds inflicted).
Mammoth did nowt and withdrew with the buffalo riders it was behind, tu'ther buffalo riders and raptor riders chewed lumps out of each others opposing infantry, until the raptors withdrew vs Barbarian spears after three turns of drawn combats, taking their supports with them!

Win for the High Elves, as everyone else was damaged!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

So the moral of the story is - if you can stay out of the fight then you're bound to win? Sounds a little like "Stick close to your desks and never go to sea, and you all may be rulers of the queen's navy"  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

toxicpixie

Sounds like a rinky dink little scrap :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 June 2014, 08:30:04 PM
Loving the Orcs too! They're gonna be a doozy to paint, just what colour to do Orc flesh? Tolkien swathy or Green?

In my opinion as a Tolkien fan to be  "Historically correct" they should be swarthy - I use a leather brown for Goblins, Negro flesh (can i say that) for Orcs.

But as I have never seen a real one, whatever takes your fancy.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Go to Nucastle on a Saturday night, the orcs is the ones in shorts....and dey is black und white

Otherwise

Orcs - Grey
Orks(tm) Green (dark)
Orx - Green(Light - dreadball)

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

24 November 2014, 01:29:04 PM #71 Last Edit: 24 November 2014, 01:31:11 PM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: Hertsblue on 06 June 2014, 08:19:31 AM
You do realise that ivory-trading is illegal?  :o :o :o

Mammoth ivory isn't! ;-)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 June 2014, 08:30:04 PM
Loving the Orcs too! They're gonna be a doozy to paint, just what colour to do Orc flesh? Tolkien swathy or Green?

I've always prefered grey!  :o  :D
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

What always gets me is that people always do orcs with tiny eyes. As a nocturnal race, they should look more like bushbabies!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Stiff dwarfs and halflings should take up yoga.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!