School Wargames Club, need help chaps.

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 26 March 2014, 11:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks chaps.

I have several squid faced things, they may lurk in the background, without too much F'tang!

Final list:
Barbarians
Tribal Lizards
High Elf
Wood Elf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Halflings
Medieval 1
Medieval 2
Goblin 1
Goblin 2
Undead
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Quote from: Ithoriel on 28 March 2014, 12:52:11 PM

The forum post just refers to them as 18thC civilians, I presume they are

SYW12/ Range: SYW Misc/ Civilians (15)/ £2.30

I particularly like the second from the left - "eighteenth century peasant with panzerfaust"....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Hertsblue on 03 April 2014, 08:37:18 AM
I particularly like the second from the left - "eighteenth century peasant with panzerfaust"....
;D ;D ;D
18th Century Volkssturm...  :P

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

29 April 2014, 02:25:07 PM #33 Last Edit: 29 April 2014, 03:50:45 PM by mad lemmey
Highlight of today's game, 'experienced' Goblin general taken out by a fire ball from a newby Mage, controlled by one of the girls and this was her first roll, ever! The boy who owned it was fuming!  ;D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

'Tis always the way. In Mordheim it seemed that it was the Goblin henchman armed with a dagger that did the most damage, inevitably to your favourite character :(.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

29 April 2014, 06:08:04 PM #35 Last Edit: 29 April 2014, 06:12:09 PM by mad lemmey
 ;D
After that the Goblins didn't do much, apart from discussing how to tell Jason apart from Jason (it's been decided all Goblins are called Jason) and search Exploded Jason's corpse for his gold!

The Humans broke two units of Dwarf warriors after two bloody rounds of combat (Human Foot Knights in full plate saving on 3+, three hits, three fails).
Dark Elves seriously mugged the Halfling bowline, The Half Pints have lost three units now. The halflings were also charged by the Undead's bats, but shot and broke the swarm.
Barbarians hid behind a hill, trying to cast spells at a Vampiress, the only spell that was successful was 'Cast a plague on her skeletons'! To which the Vampiress, normally one of the quieter class members leaned over to the Barbarian general and said 'Really? That's not logical, how's that going to harm the already dead!'

The spells were interesting too, line if thorns from the Undead to stop the Barbarians. Elves trying to hurl huge rocks. Humans trying mind control on Dwarves (the Human Mage has since developed a love of gold as that backfired)!

Ace of Spades

Sounds very entertaining Lemmey, please keep us informed! ;D

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

I saw on FB that Too fat Lardies ar starting a wargames books in schools project

http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Another great set of games today...
Highlights included:
Goblin Mage, whose player had been saving up 'Victory Points' for three weeks, tried to cast his first spell (with magic, low is good). He rolled double 6, followed by double 6! The poor goblin general standing next to him will be cleaning bits of Shamen off himself for weeks!

Dark Elf Raptor Riders going on a rampage through their own lines as they are charmed by the Vampiress, killing an allied unit on the way!

Wood elf bowmen being the last remaining unit after the Woody spears and skirmishes were brutally despatched by Humans, destroying three units with shooting! The Wood Elf player has finally spotted the powerful unit in his army!

Dwarves using artillery vs Goblins! Always messy...

paulr

Sounds like a lot of fun and good to see some learning, even if slow ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

andys

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just working on the Lizzies and them I'll post pictures. Some are learning faster than others! ;)

fred.

Sounds like a really fun set of games, with some events that I'm sure will be talked about for years to come.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Hertsblue

I'm impressed that the girls are joining in too. I would hazard a guess that the boys are trying their best not to look too stupid....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

burnaby64

Quote from: Hertsblue on 14 May 2014, 09:54:38 AM
I'm impressed that the girls are joining in too. I would hazard a guess that the boys are trying their best not to look too stupid....

I agree. It is great that you are doing something to change the hobby's demographic (and I speak as a fat old man with a beard and a Rammstein T shirt).