What's on your shopping list for Salute?

Started by Nosher, 25 March 2014, 07:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Sadly i never get to go even though its the closest convention, but here's your chance to make me insanely jealous!

What are you picking up at Salute?

What's hot gents?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leman

Nothing - too far and too expensive to get to. Never been yet.  :(
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

Usually odds and sods picked up between moves in the display game. Last year, Molliary's book and Timecast buildings; this year, who knows?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Getting there and back would cost £100. Incidentals like coffee, lunch, something to read on the journey probably another ten to twenty quid.

These days £120 would get me samples of everything I'd be interested in seeing there several times over.

I win the lottery I'll be there like a shot but until then there are better ways to spend that sort of cash.

I'll get my convention fix in August, at "Claymore". Would've gone to Glasgow if the Games hadn't put the kibosh on that. Might get to "Carronade" in Falkirk in May.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

Well  return flight to and from  London...

Oh thats that then ... :P
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

khon mai dee krup! I think I'll have to pick up a few lobsters and some mangoes on the way home tomorrow, just to make you lot jealous too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Fresh lobster and mango? Lovely, FierceKitty!

I'm not sure our local Asda really compares...

Salute - as I don't get to conventions outside the West Mids (WMMMS at Wolves, Wargamer at Great Barr!), I shan't pick up anything :(
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Orcs

I am very lucky as I get to go to Salute as a trader with Steve Barber.  So apart from the long day I get in free and can browse the stands before opening time.  I am not planning on buying much as I have far to many projects on the go.

Few bits for 10mm Early war.
Grass tufts for bases
Bases from Leon
Possible small pre-order from Pendraken

Good look round for foriegn traders and unusual products- Bought some really good weathering paints a couple of years ago.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I wish you'd talk Mr Barber into expending his ancients range. They're beautiful sculpts, but far too limited a range, and they overlap other ranges heavily.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

25 March 2014, 04:45:18 PM #9 Last Edit: 25 March 2014, 06:19:57 PM by mad lemmey
Not going this year, going to get quietly sozzled at my Dad's 65 instead!

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nosher

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 March 2014, 04:45:18 PM
Not going this year, going to get quietly sozzled at my Dad's 75th instead!

Top weekend ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Correction, he's 65! He doesn't look a day under 90 either!

Quietly sozzled because I haven't drunk anything since September!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

WeeWars

← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Quotetoo far and too expensive to get to.

My thoughts exactly. At least I got a nice fix at the WMMS show, especially as Colours is not on this year.