Sudan Campaign Blog

Started by tschuma, 24 March 2014, 08:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tschuma

http://ncwb.blogspot.com/

I had original posted on Batreps.  Blog is updated, but not for the Sudan but 1866 Austrians vs Prussian at the Cincycon Conventions.  will get back to the Sudan this week and finish up turn 6

Tom

tschuma

Turn 6 is posted.  Just when I thought things were looking good for the Egyptians, it all fell apart and the revolt indexes went up almost across the board.  loose one battle and one town and it can all fall apart!

turn 7 could be the turning point.  I see 2 major battles coming Abu Hamed and maybe the attempt to take back Atbara.  we shall see.

Tom

FierceKitty

Egyptians have to get their money's worth from the artillery, since it's the only decent arm they've got.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

tschuma

Turn 7 is posted, and the Allies are back!

Hertsblue

Fascinating campaign, Tom. Might I suggest that what your map needs is a key, to make understanding the symbols and initials easier?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

I've got to do a Sudan campaign one of these days!

tschuma

It is a lot of fun.  It seems like I have a couple gaming friends over once or twice in a 2week time frame and get in a couple games.  which is why we buy and paint!.  I never thought I woudl also ahve this much fun writing the report.  Actually never thought I had it in me.  I have a mechanical design background so this type of writing is very new to me.

PM me and I can send you the files I have.  Mostly excel, Powerpoint and a few word docs

Tom

Luddite

Marvellous, stirring stuff sir!

Can't go wrong with a bit of colonial fun, even if you have the misfortune of being colonial yourself.  *sniff*

;) :D

So 'ere's ~to~ you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in the Soudan;
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
An' 'ere's ~to~ you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, with your 'ayrick 'ead of 'air —
You big black boundin' beggar — for you broke a British square!
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

FierceKitty

tschuma

Thanks!

I have some FIW stuff painted up and need to work through some rules and I think we can campaign that time frame also.  Steve Winter used a campaign system for the FIW to create the Sudan system.  I just modified it for using Fire and Fury rules sytem. 

actually I think you can use this for any colonial time frame where you have the "Native" forces created on a die roll.  NWF, Zulus, Boers, etc.  I have been thinking about maybe combining all of these into a larger campaign. We have Zulus, and Boers, would just need to start the NWF forces.  This is along range project so it might be awhile.

Tom

Maenoferren

Quote from: FierceKitty on 14 April 2014, 10:50:18 AM
I've got to do a Sudan campaign one of these days!
I have started painting up my forces for such a reason :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

FierceKitty

I'm always puzzled that ancients players don't take a leaf or two out of the 19th century players' book. The ancient world had it's little wars too, and I can't think of any other way to make early imperial Roman campaigns in Germany or late Republican ones in north Africa, or Han ones against the Hsiung-nu, or Egyptians in Libya, or (you get the idea)....playable.

tschuma

Turn 8 is posted. no big battles.  Turn 9 is written, just need to do the map.  Again no battles.  Working on Turn 10.  big battle at Khartoum so I will be putting on a game with the whole group in a couple weeks to play this one out.  Having too much fun with this.

Tom

tschuma

Turn 10 will be played out tomorrow...the Relief of Khartoum.  check the blog ealry next week for updates and pics!

FierceKitty

Give us a reminder. Eagerly antici...............................................................pating it.