Wings of War

Started by Ace of Spades, 19 March 2014, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace of Spades

I don't know if anybody suggested this already but there may be some market for specific 'Wings of War' accessories since their 1/144 scale is pretty close to the 10mm scale...?
I know the trucks with AA guns are already in demand but how about some specific AA gun crews (Br./Fr./Ge.) to go with them? Also; how about some AA MG's (perhaps mounted on a carriagewheel on a pole?) and some aircrews that would fit into the WoW airplanes; pilots and reargunners (since not all models come with crews)...?
Groundcrews, winchtrucks for observationballoons etc. would be excellent too but I don't think they have much priority right now.

Love to hear from you!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Yup I want to second this, very useful for all sorts of air war games
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

Zeppelins!

Floating over A7V's.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

tschuma

We built 2 Zeppelins with 3 EMPTY beer cans, some duct tpe, foam core, and a little paint.  worked out rather well.  Beer cans must be empty as that helps wit the construction.

No pics as we sold them several years ago.

Ace of Spades

I take it some between emptying the beer cans and construction is recommended? ;)
Thanks for the idea anyway! We were actually considering the Revell Hindenburg model as a start but we haven't come round to doing it actually.
Your option sounds a lot cheaper and also like a lot more fun!

Cheers,
Rob

Orcs

When RAF HAlton had its Model sshow each year there were a couple of Traders who dealt in Card Models. They did produce several airships, Not sure if they are still avaliable.

Found this link to a free download. Allso has the docking mast

http://www.currell.net/models/mod_free.htm

Also Red eagle Models do observation balloons in 1:144 and also AA Lorries.  they also produce a 1:144 Zeplin for an eye watering £195

http://www.redeagleminiatures.co.uk/index.html

Hindenburg

http://www.papercraftsquare.com/lz-129-hindenburg-airship-free-paper-model-download.html

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ace of Spades

Thanks JafO!

I had a quick look at the red-eagle stuff and they look pretty useful!
I might just have to order there one day... :-\

Cheers,
Rob

Jc

Watch this space boys, but Leon and i may be able to help you with this ,its early days but i have started sculpting miniatures again after many years .Can't say much more yet as my skills are a little rusty and may need a little fine tune.

Ace of Spades

Interesting!!! Please keep up practising and if you need some oil to get the rust of the system just let me know!

Cheers,
Rob

Jc

Thanks for the support Rob,if you want a look at some old work of mine when i was commissioned by a well known museum, a few years ago,to do a set off ww1 aircraft in 1/300th scale,(in the full set there was 30 models.) Look on my lads videos on you tube. On Simon Cressey you tube fathers day special 2013. This vid also has some conversion work on it as well as some scratch builds. So it should be simple to scale up to 10mm and make them suitable for casting. Well that's the aim.