Russian standards edge.

Started by Last Hussar, 10 April 2024, 10:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

"Unread Posts / Russian Standards Edging"
Last post - Orcs.

Bugger what's he pu...

Oh yeah. Thanks for that...
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 12 April 2024, 12:37:22 PM"Unread Posts / Russian Standards Edging"
Last post - Orcs.

Bugger what's he pu...

Oh yeah. Thanks for that...

Your welcome
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

John Cook

Quote from: Last Hussar on 12 April 2024, 09:22:12 AMThanks.

I am not going for the historical/physics accurate with draping - these are on the Little Wooden Men, and so the 7mm square flags are flying full, not accurately slouching around. It's bad enough trying to position anything that small, let alone trying to encourage the paper to drape!

I see. I wouldn't worry about the edges in that case.  I had assumed we were talking about 10mm figures. 

Last Hussar

Ah. I have to worry about the edges. They come up VERY white, especially in photos. As people here have only been to helpful in pointing out! It's actually worse on a 7 mil - when a flag is 20mm or more square for 25/28s, it is easy to fold accurately, and being 1/2 a mil off isn't really that noticeable, plus the top edge is less of an impact. on something that small any fold error gives quite a % of 'ooops'!

The edging is hide the oops.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 12 April 2024, 02:27:11 PMAs people here have only been to helpful in pointing out

He is right, it is one of the aims and delights of Sunjester and I to point out any such niggling things to him.  :d

With comments like:-

"These are very nice - but you have missed a bayonet"

"Where are the pennants on these cavalry?"

"Did you not add muskets made from bristles onto this unit?

They do come up very nicely en-masse

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson