And the Winners Are...!

Started by Leon, 05 March 2014, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

I nearly didn't enter, seeing how good the entries already were - but I figured, it's all about the figures and the game, and a wide spread of stuff & talent is going to showcase the figures and techniques nicely. If all I saw were the winning entries I'd have hung up me paint brushes and given up  ;D

I like to think I paint to a reasonable table top standard, at reasonable speed, but the winning entries are breath taking - a sign of quality is that so many *really* good figures *didn't* make it into first/second place  :o
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Farles

Congrats to all of the winners. Some very nice painting on show.

Farles

andymac

Congratulations to those who won a prize and a big well done to all those who entered.

From a judges point of view this year has been the hardest so far regarding points.  There were several entries that had the immediate "WoW" factor.

After those came a real strong group of entries that where so alike in the standard of painting and presentation that it made it near impossible to decide who to award the points to.  I guess that was the reason for so many shared places.

Since the competition started the quality of work has steadily increased and it is always a pleasure (though defiantly a task) to be ask to judge.  

Once again well done to all who entered and to those that won, you deserved it.

Andy Mac
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Steve J

QuoteI like to think I paint to a reasonable table top standard, at reasonable speed, but the winning entries are breath taking

I echo your sentiments Toxic!

hetairoi

QuoteI'm off to think about next year as Hetairoi is going to want his medals back  Smiley

My shiny medals...  :'(

Taking into consideration the quality of most of the entries this year, I´m more than happy with my second place   ;D ;D

Thanks again Leon, Dave, Nik, Clibinarium, Andy and Techno! You did a great (and hard) work running this event!
http://hetairoiwargames.blogspot.com.es/

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!

fsn

I think a special applaud should go to Matt for his enigmatic, innovative and highly original entry.

Seriously, they're all very, very, very good. I'm caught between inspiration and despair.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

I've added all of the medals to the winners profiles as well now!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sebigboss79

Very worthy winners yet again. Congratulations to all of us - even if we did not win. I am sure it was fun.

Bishop Lord

Congratulations!!!!!  :) :) :)to all the winners, and to repeat other posts the standard of all the entries was really really high ( I wouldn't have liked to judge), As more and more entries where added I just saw mine going further down the list so to get a prize I'm very happy with, but I think mine is via default :-[ as first placed was tied, lucky for me or it would have been third.

A big thanks to Leon and Dave for putting on the contest and thanks must go to all the judges who IMHO had an imposable task this year.

Jason.
" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

jdeleonardis

Congratulations one and all.  Some really awesome entries this year.

Ace of Spades

I must say I'm surprised that I actually won something! I felt the competition was terrific and honestly didn't count on anything after seeing all the entries.
Even so, thanks for all the congratulations and of course mine to all my fellow competitors whether you've won something or not. You have all surely and truly inspired me to make an even better effort next year!
Of course I also want to thank the sponsors; I certainly appreciate it!

Cheers,
Rob

Zippee

Congratulations to all that entered and kudos to those that came out winners - a very high standard this year, and some truly inspiring vignettes and armies.

Magnificent stuff and a great advert for Pendraken and the art of miniatures

steam flunky

Thanks to everyone for the praise.
After seeing all the wonderful entries my expectations were quite low. I was quite speechless that i won anything.
2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Kassad

My congratulations to all the winners. Wonderfull minis! I watched really skillfull painters. Bravi!!
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

As ever, an absolute pleasure to be a judge in this competition: never an easy task and I find myself having to refrain from commenting on the entries as they come in! I'm delighted that we had such a great range of entries - and that we had a good variety of products and painting standards: I'm keen that everyone feels that the competition is another opportunity to showcase the work that you've done - regardless of whether you think you'll win or not.

Watching the entries come in is great - and it's with huge anticipation that I look forward to the submission deadline, seeing what will come in at the death! And then I enjoy the problem of judging the entries; I always try to take my time - and, once I've shortlisted in each category, I tend to save the pics into folders so that I can flick through them and think about the points...this is always, without exception, done at leisure: no interruptions and a decent single malt in-hand.

Really difficult this year to make the choices - but another superb range of entries that demonstrate the absolute best of Pendraken 10mm. Bravo.

Oh - and I think it would be great if the winners would consider sharing some notes on their techniques - always really useful to see, and of massive value to newcomers to painting / 10mm  8)

I'd also acknowledge the efforts & contribution of Team Pendraken / Minibits - in running the competition, offering prizes from their own profit margins, and in securing a great range of prizes from other companies. Top-notch  :-bd