Samurai Army

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 24 February 2014, 11:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Looking good, Will.  8)
Cheers - Phil

Leon026

Very cool stuff.

Are you going for generic Samurai, or are you looking to model a certain alliance (ie Western Army / Eastern Army of the Sekigahara campaign)?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Uesugi clan with whatever pretty allies I felt like painting that day...
Unhistorical, probably.
The next four Samurai units will be regular Uesugi forces, well, as regular as they get...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uesugi&client=safari&hl=en-gb&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIusbz_LfVyAIVgcsaCh05rQn0#imgrc=S315BlUD1HKyCM%3A
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Given the way treachery was built into Sengoku warfare, I'd say virtually any alliance would be plausible.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Four Samurai units, including Hatamoto Guards

Guards

And with a general
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Yup, one ashugari to do!
A general and a camp to do too!

Techno

Very nice, Will.  8)
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finally got the Ashuragu with Naganatas done!
Just the camp and two generals and they are all finished.

Nosher

Really Nice Will.  ;)

I love the Samurai period and have owned various armies in 28mm, 20mm, 15mm (Two Dragons - anyone remember them? Stunning miniatures!) and 10mm, but sadly I have never finished a single army nor have I found a rule set that really captures the period for me.

I do recall some big skirmish rules and even shelled out on a 28mm Samurai Residence from Village Green which was lovely. Fought a single game on a 18ft x 6ft table over a weekend and then boxed them up and sold them on.

The Pendraken miniatures are nice but the thought of attaching all those sashimono defeated me and I sold them on.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

LinLin

wow these are cool. i love all the little flags and the back drops of the first couple of pictures.

FierceKitty

Mmmm, I loved my Two Dragons Japanese.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two Samurai generals finally finished.

I wanted to do a Seven Samuari inspired general stand, but then I realised the film is in black and white!

And on this one, well, a small conversion, you work it out!

Techno

Very nice indeed, Will !  :-bd

I wondered why the first two pics were monochrome, until I read the text.  :)

Cheers - Phil